Testing the 6.x (and 5.x) to 7.x updater

What happened with the configuration file? Was it carried over? If yes then did it look correct?

yes it was carried over but NOT activated. When i was testing it was really late so i havent had a chance to check all the settings. Ill check it tonight

Alright, thanks. :slight_smile:

Thanks for testing wasgij. Looking good so far apart from the configs issue (which is known). Probably still no translation of semantic differences (M549) - eg V5 installer/updaters policy application used in CIS v5 safe mode should really be mapped to exclusions in v6, and recursive exclusions in 6.3-7, not, or as well as, HIPS installer-updaters.

Possibly that is what happened and in that case probably not a bug at all. :slight_smile:

No promises but if I get a chance I will install an older V6 version, update to V6.3 then run the upgrade to V7 and check the results.

Just checked my settings after upgrading on win7 32 bit from v5.12 to v7 and all settings were carried over. Im going to now try and make a more complex setup on windows xp 32 bit and see how things go.

EDIT: i successfully upgraded 5.12 to 7 in win xp. I changed many settings before the upgrade but i did not create any firewall or hips rules and all settings were preserved correctly

That’s great to know thanks very much!

Hi All

Has anyone got time to test a paranoid and custom firewall upgrade, either 5.x or 6.x?

(For SG members there’s a config, and guidance, in the SG Board. Would need permission from author to add that here.)

Anyone know how 5.x installer updaters get translated in a safe mode config? (Ideally they should become exclusions with include subprocesses ticked?)

Best wishes

Mike

5.12 → 7.0.4101 updated~ No problem. :wink:

Hi all

How can i testing the Updater

In which Languages is the Updater

Is a German Language included in the Updater

With best Regards
Mops21

I tried after deactivating the scanning optimizations. Run fluid :slight_smile: But I now remember where it froze during the first scan. Look at the attached screenshot. The timer showed something around six minutes when the window froze.

Again: I’m not sure if it was a comodo issue. Should I report this in the beta-bug-section anyway?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes please report it. Ideally you’ll need a full dump, when frozen, of each cavwp process running.

Many thanks

Mouse

Well its the same then… Beta label… Thx for confirming

BUMP - if anyone has time could they test please? (For SG members there’s a paranoid config in the updater testing topic)

Many thanks in anticipation

Mike

If you have a current v5 or v6 installation, you can run the current installer and it should update it.

You’ll need to activate your old config after update.

Then you can check to see what it has done with your config. And report any problems that occur on updating.

I think the current installer include language files, so it will probably have German. Though there may still be translation issues as it is a Beta. You can report these too of course.

Best wishes and happy testing

Mike

Hi Mike

How can i activate my old config

I will try it on the next weekend

With best Regards
Mops21

Thank you

After update, just navigate to Advanced Settings ~ General ~ Configs and click on config and choose activate in the arrow menu.

Hi

Thank you very much for your informations. I will try it on the next weekend

np :slight_smile: