System freezes when right click comodo icon on taskbar

I installed the latest comodo Firewall and defense+ and I am experiencing a system freeze when I right click on the comodo icon on taskbar tray. The only way to resolve/unfreeze my computer is by restating the computer using the power button on my workstation. What could be the cause. Please help a newbie. Thanks.

Try using Task Manager to see what process uses all of the available CPU capacity. Make sure that Task Manager is set to always be on top.

Just checked and CPU utilization is at 5 % with many application running at the same time. I have a quad core Dell workstation.

Hi dvdit,
Have you any other possible conflicting Anti-malware or Firewalls running?
Have you had any installed previously?
Does the CF GUI open normal?
Do any error events get logged in Windows event viewer?
The more information you can post about your system and issue, might help increase the chances of finding a solution.
Thanks.

I have Avast anti-virus, Spyware guard, Sypwareblaster installed and running all the time. I also have Malwarebytes and Superantispyware installed and run them weekly.

CF GUI open normally if I double click on it. Only right click hangs the CF application and computer.

I checked Event viewer and see the following errors.

1. Wave TCG Client Services Error -
    Description: The NTRU TSS is not running. Wave software is unable to communicate tp TPM.

2. Event System

Event Type: Error
Event Source: EventSystem
Event Category: (50)
Event ID: 4614
Date: 6/11/2012
Time: 4:41:07 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ABC
Description:
The COM+ Event System detected an inconsistency in its internal state. The assertion “GetLastError() == 122L” failed at line 162 of d:\comxp_sp3\com\com1x\src\events\shared\sectools.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

Spyware Guard is the odd one out. Avast and CFP are known to work together so I would say try disabling Spyware Guard and see if that helps or not. When it does not help uninstall it and see what happens.

The event reported by Windows likely not related. It is about TPM: TPM represents the Trusted Platform Module (related to the onboard hardware security such as a fingerprint scanner).

Thanks, I will try your suggestion.

It might not be relevant in your case, but I have seen where privacy programs with start up entries can interfere with right click menus in some programs.

Just to give update - I uninstalled CIS using safe mode and cleaned any leftovers with Regseeker and installed again. So far every thing works as it should. It is only been a day but so far no freeze up issues and I passed the Comodo leaktest with a perfect score. Thanks for all who helped.

Glad to hear all is working as it should, let us hope it continues to do so.
All the best.