Syncronization Service has stopped working

This happens quite a lot during the day. I have three sync on the go, two small folders of around 4 files in each and my pictures folder which is around 41gb. All this is sync to an attached network drive.

Debug file can be found at
https://server.backup.comodo.com/json/direct/default/DebugInfo_19_09_2012_16_27_35.cbu?key=9efc29d9-510d-43b8-b71a-c6be284daef2

Vista 32bit
CIS
Macrium Reflect free
Synctoy

c

Dump files are usefull to determine cause of crashes.
If it happens again please create one.

Thanks

I have tried to create a dump file for you without success, When ever I go into task manager to create a dump file, SynchronizationService.exe is not listed under processes so therefore unable to create the dump file. And Yes, I have not clicked on any windows message pertaining to the crash.

I have been routing around my PC and have come up with the attached files which may be of some use.
Fingers crossed.

c

[attachment deleted by admin]

If you have UAC enabled you need to press “Show processes from all users” button.

Thanks

Hi Emanuel,

UAC is off and SynchronizationService.exe is shown under processes, only when running. the box for “Show processes from all users” is already ticked.

On a side note, I have releised that it only crashes when I am doing a lot of post-processing of .jpg or .RAW files with Photoshop Elements 10.

c

The minidump.7z file analysis shows that it might be caused by VSS vista dll.
Please stop the COSService, SynchronizationService and CBU.exe, COSClient.exe (if they are running), then replace VSS_Vista.dll in \Program Files\COMODO\COMMON with the one attached.
Let me know if it still crashes.

Thanks

Thanks Emanuel, give me a couple of days and I’ll let you know how I get on.

c

I processed a lot of jepgs over the last couple of afternoons, which usually caused the crashes I was experiencing, and I am happy to report with the updated VSS_Vista.dll file in place I suffered no crashes.

Keeping fingers crossed.

c

Thank you for the feedback.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed too :slight_smile: