CIS Release Cycle is not as frequent as it used to be in the past.
v184.108.40.20612 was released back in March 28, 2021 and it’s the only CIS released in this year of 2021 so far.
Exactly 1 year ago, a Moderator said:
“The long silence from Comodo, as part of a longer ongoing process of what seems like a cultural change in Comodo in which relationship with the forums has become more distant, upsets regulars and has them wonder and worry about the future of CIS.”
From what I noticed, the development team seem to be having it’s own issues since at least 2019. More specifically, the people taking charge of the CIS Project often are leaving the company.
With this post, I would like to suggest, once again, a few ideas in order to make the CIS Project more profitable.
Money can be a solution to almost anything, worst case scenario it can at least help attenuate the damage.
- Secure Shopping as paid-only feature.
It was planned to be like that since the beggining and is not a critical protection component for being included in the Free Package.
- Same for Virtual Kiosk and/or Manual Sandboxing capabilities (Rick click > Run in Containment or Run Virtual task). Or a limitation to only 1 application manually Sandboxed at a time by Free users.
- Multiple Sandboxes for running apps Virtualized, as suggested by a user in the Beta Corner Wishlist section - Paid only feature like it was in Sandboxie.
- Faster submission and analysis of files through the Cloud for Paid Users as suggested by another user in the past.
- A direct channel for communication and submitting support tickets with actual Comodo Staff and not just GeekBuddy crew, for paid only.
- Youtube Videos testing CIS at Proactive setting VS some well-known Malware, showing it completely prevents infection. When convincing people about using CIS, one thing that used to help a lot was the videos from Cruelsister. Comodo is already doing something similar for the Enterprise edition.
Just make it more frequent for CIS, with a nice background song or a real human narration.
Other suggestions to help the Comodo team profit from CIS are welcome.
The Free Package including Fully configurable: AV + Firewall + Web Filtering + Auto-Containment + HIPS + VirusScope + Advanced Protection + File Rating is more than enough as free offering in my opinion. Other users may disagree and it’s OK.
Comodo may use the increased revenue for a more frequent Release Cycle, longer list of Bug Fixing including long lasting Bugs and issues, better job offer for CIS lead developer, etc. Instead of just complaining, let’s help Comodo to find a solution. :-TU