Subnets ignored by Comodo

I’ve set Comodo to trust and log one Zone of computers and to block and log unrequested IP traffic in from any other source.

CIS blocks and logs all IP in to the computer other than the trusted Zone on the same subnet. OK!
Issue:
Traffic from other subnets is ignored and allowed to freely pass through the firewall with no logging though traffice from my own subnet is blocked. BAD

If I delete the firewall entries to allow one Zone to pass through the firewall, then all traffic is blocked! OK!

I manage ten machines and have the same issue on all ten.

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

To understand the reasons why we ask you to follow these guidelines please see below.

WHY WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
Bugs/issues can be impossible or very time consuming to fix if developers don’t have enough information to reproduce them. Since CIS is free, development time is limited. So if you want your issue fixed, please use the format below to describe it.

To avoid clutter, issues not described in the format below your post will not be moved to the ‘moderator verified’ issues topic. This means that the developers may not look at it.

Best wishes and many thanks in anticipation

Mouse

Bit beyond me.

Maybe Ronny or Dennis can lend a hand with this?

Best wishes

Mouse

Hi,

Can you please export one config and send me a PM on how to exchange it.
Analyzing the config will make finding the issue much more easy.

Ronny

PM sent

If the OP is trying to allow trafic to/from (fro example) the 172.16.X.X subnet and block everything else, woud the following firewall rule satisfy;

Action : BLOCK (AND LOG)
Protocol : IP
Direction : IN/ANY

SOURCE
Exclude : ON
Source Address : ZONE (Zone for 17.16.X.X subnet)

DESTINATION
Exclude : ON
Destination Address : ZONE (Zone for 17.16.X.X subnet)

Source Port : ANY
Destination Port : ANY

I"ve used this method in the past successfully, but haven’t tried it on V5.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Unfortunately we do need this issue to be reported in the right format, and with all the information we have asked for, if we are to forward it to verified issues.

For the moment I am going to move it to the Orphaned/Resolved child board. If you do edit your post to create a complete issue report in standard format, and PM an active mod, we will of course consider moving it to verified reports.

The devs only look at the Orphaned/Resolved board if they have time, so please do edit the post and PM an active mod if you want it fixed.

Best wishes