Submitted suggestions/frustrations/complaints - no tracking of status

I’ll begin by saying that I think CPF v3 is a great product, and I make extensive use of it.

The main frustration I have using CPF is not CPF itself, but rather the difficulty in following what suggestions have been made and the state of suggestions (accepted, rejected, later, etc). Inevitably many people have views on what would improve CPF, and no doubt some people will present ideas which others, upon seeing the idea, will agree wholeheartedly that it is a great idea. Other times there will be competing priorities, as there are with any project.

In any case, there is no way for me to know if a suggestion I have made is being considered, ignored, or even if anyone else cares about my suggestion - be it agreeing or disagreeing, or more importantly offering refinements of the suggestion.

What this comes to is that I don’t think a forum is really the ideal way to submit suggestions - especially not in a single thread. Rather, a bugtracking-like system would, in my view, serve the purpose better. That way if my idea blows, then a response as to why it blows could be presented. If my idea is great, but takes a lot of implementation time, then it can be listed as ‘later’ or somesuch. At least then I know it has been considered.

Anyway, that’s my view.

I agree wholeheartedly.

It would also be nice to have a topic showing known bugs for a release so that people do not need to trawl through the particular product forum to see if has been highlighted before. It would reduce the number of multiple threads for the same topic.

I believe Egemen produced this for one of the Betas.

Regards, V

This has been brought up before. I’m beginning to doubt if Comdo has the required infrastructure for developing software designed for the masses.

Al (my 3 cents) Adric