Strange Website Problem

Hello friends at Comodo,

I’ve been having this strange problem where I can’t reach this website: www.allaboutjazz.com

My browsers just time out ( IE8 & Firefox 3.6.8 )

I have:
Win XP SP3
Comodo 4.1.15
Avast 5.0.594
Linksys WCG200-CC gateway provided by Comcast.
Comcast HSI

I’ve had this problem before and the only way to fix it is to disable Selective Ack. I just did a clean install of XP which I thought would remedy the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I don’t know if this will help you or not, but the www.allaboutjazz.com website comes up in 2 seconds using the Opera 10.70 b9044 browser in reverse contrast on Win 7 x64 using a Lynksys router on Comcast from here in the Pacific Northwest…

~Maxx~

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for the response. I seem to be the only one in the world that can’t reach the site. :slight_smile: How did you get the black background in Opera?

Do you have any content blocking set up in your browsers that might be blocking the www.allaboutjazz.com page? The black background with white lettering in Opera can be set up by selecting Page> Style > High Contrast W/B. I use a 32" Bravia monitor and the black background makes it much easier on the eyes especially when I use the computer after dark.

~Maxx~

I don’t have any blocking that I’m aware of. I have a clean install of Win XP, with the Windows default network settings. I’ve determined that this problem occurs when using the default settings or using custom settings with Selective Ack enabled. Why, I don’t know. ???

What Service Pack is installed on your Win XP?

Do the Firewall logs give us a clue? Can you post a screenshot of them? They are under Firewall → Common Tasks → View Firewall Events.

Service Pack 3

Firewall log is attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

IE is trying to do a DNS look up, it asks, and get blocked from doing so. Make sure that rule for IE in Computer Security Policy Allows access to DNS/RPC client.

u said that u using comodo n avast in pc so i will tell that u use only 1 av in ur pc. 2 av in pc will make lot of problems.

avast is not compatible with 2 av.