strange connection Problem with CF

hello there, i got a rather strange problem with Comodo Firewall - it’s actually working really well - just in the beginning i cannot connect to the internet. (i am using an ethernet ADSL Modem to connect). When i am establishing a connection (more like try to) it goes to the point where it says “username and password are being checked” (or so, because its in german) and it doesnt go any further. When i disable the firewall it works fine and when i turn the firewall on again and cancel the connection i can re-establish it without problems…anybody got an idea what i can do about it?

You are on a PPPOE connection without a router? Are there any messages in the firewall log when this happens? Sounds like you are having problems getting your IP address from your ISP.

PPPOE i think thats it…in german its something like “PPP Tunnel connection” so probably thats it…

and no, there are no entries in the log :-(…

ive been going on with disabling the firewall everytime i start the computer to connect to the net, but it’s getting annoying…cause sometimes i forget to turn it on again then and thats not too good…

by the way i’m having a dynamic IP address…if that helps you…

What are your global rules? If any of them are blocks, add a “log” to them by going to edit and checking the box. Same for any block rules under system, comodo firewall, windows operating system in the applications policies. Are you using VIsta or XP? Are you using a router? What is your modem-is it set up as just a bridge, or does it do pppoe-i.e. have you set up a connection in your OS to handle the username/password or is it handled in a modem or router?

ive updated to the latest version and now it worked…well lets see if it works after i reboot again…

now i unfortunately have to deal with a different problem…one of my harddisks seems to have bad sectors and im saving data :frowning: