Strange behaviour

Hi,

Running Win7 Pro, x64.

I’ve been using CSC for longer than I can remember, without any significant problems. This includes the current version CSC_3.0.172695.53, which I’ve been using since it was released.

As of a couple of weeks ago or so I noticed that CSC has not been flagging any Registry entries for deletion, which is unusual. After seeing this several times, I finally did a reinstall/repair today, after which CSC wants to delete almost 1700 entries, most of which are valid and certainly should not be deleted. I did a complete uninstall and reinstall, and it’s still showing 1700 items for deletion. Quite apart from the fact that most of the flagged entries appear legitimate, I clean my Registry regularly, so there’s “no way” I could have accumulated 1700 deletable items.

I can’t imagine what I could have done to make CSC suddenly misbehave ???, especially after a complete reinstall.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bill

Hello,

Can you please post some screenshots with the valid entries found by COMODO System-Cleaner.

Thank you for your support.

Hi Victor,

Basic Clean is showing the following (among others):

File Extensions: 294 issue(s) found, 0 selected
Font Locations: 704 issue(s) found, 704 selected
Shared Folders: 8 issue(s) found, 0 selected
System Services: 123 issue(s) found, 0 selected
Uninstall Locations: 655 issue(s) found, 655 selected

Normal Clean and In Depth Clean are same as above, but the 294 File Extensions and 8 Shared Folders items are all selected.

Rather than post screenshots of everything, I can tell you that the entire contents of the following are flagged for deletion:

Font Locations:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

Uninstall Locations:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders

In addition to the above:

File Extensions - see attachments 1-3. Please note that some HKLM and HKCU items sre selected.
Shared Folders - see attachment 4.

Thanks for your help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

At 1:23 (GMT) today I noticed that an automatic update to CSC was running. This changed many things in C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO System-Cleaner\CSC.

I was hopeful that this update would fix my problem, but alas, it does not, even after reinstalling CSC.

I’m mentioning this just in case…