Still very slow

Win XP 32 SP2, on a 2GHz dual Intel CPU, 1GB RAM.

I am still getting a LOT of disc hogging by CIS. I compared it to another security suite and there is a much faster response at even the simplest levels (opening a window containing folders for instance: CIS can take 15-30 seconds and this goes on all the time.) Programmes loading can take for ever.

If I use Procexp to check who is using the disc, there is cmdagent every time, sometimes using 10, 15 times as much as even the programme that is trying to load.

I also have CIS on another machine that runs Win 7 32 bit with a ~ 1.8GHz 4 core Intel 2GB RAM machine and CIS can be pretty rude there as well.

I have posted about this before here, with no real gains in performance, or if any they seem temporary. I have seen several other posts as well.

I feel this problem has generally become worse and worse, with certain versions seeming to fix it, but it never lasts.

So before I decide to give up and move away to the dark side, even paying, can somebody tell the fastest safe settings and techniques for CIS, please?

Any help appreciated.

CIS uses caching to make the load of the AV less. See if running Rating Scan is helpful.

Please make sure there are no leftovers of security programs you had installed in the past. A possible left over can cause all sort of “strange effects”. Please run clean up tools for all security programs you had in the past. A list can be found here at the Eset website: ESET Knowledgebase .

Thanks for the reply.

CIS was the only security suite on both the computers (until I just tried another product). I will look into a Rating Scan and see what happens.