starting CID with specific profile

I’m trying to start CID with a specific profile. This doesn’t appear to be possible with CID, except using Profile Manager. It seems to do one of two things: either launch CID with the ‘default’ profile, i.e., the one that Profile Manager has been told to use w/out asking, or it launches Profile Manager.

Perhaps the discreet profile functionality has been deprecated in the FireFox code-base?

:-La

I fingered it out!

the target field in the CID icon properties must implement “-profile” without quotes, and then specify path to the specific profile desired to launch:]

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\IceDragon\icedragon.exe” -profile “C:\Users<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Comodo\IceDragon\Profiles\febeprof.custom”

That works on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit laptop. The febeprof prefix to the .custom extension is due to the FEBE extension add-on.

Furthermore, if one desires to launch multiple sessions of CID with differing profile, e.g., generic and dev profiles, then implement the -no-remote switch as adjunct to the -profile switch.

(:NRD)