Standalone HIPS

A standalone HIPS programs…

(please move this topic to “Which Product do you want Comodo to develop next?” i was finally allowed to post somewhere… on this forum i did keep getting 1 sec. error. then i tryed to pm melah and got same error. but now i finally was able to make a post somewhere on this comodo forum,!!! havent been able to post in 5 days…)

Your post has been moved… :wink:

Please feel free to elaborate on your idea (provided you can post, that is…).

LM

PS: You can report website difficulties such as inability to post, in this thread: https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_website_issues_for_submitting_website_problems_only-b46.0/

Please post about your inability to post in that thread. ROFL. LM you made my day!

;D Glad I could bring some ROFLing to your day. It’s always nice to know I’m helping out… (:TNG)

LM

Well i just got the same idea. A standalone version of Defense+ (without any antivirus or firewall component). Just HIPS.

Yes! That is a good idea. Two Firewalls should be exist. An internet firewall and a system firewall.

(:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP)

I agree on two firewalls. some bad nasties like to phone home and it would be nice to have strict control as well as a well defined , easy rule set to use. a network monitor type like IRIS or RETNA, GFI langard would be nice to protect from WI-FI attack as well.(wardriving of nieghber attacks) Packet sniffers, eterial, wincap, wire shark, airsnort, ect. There are too many programs out to try and ■■■■■ wireless security and routers. Stop them from turning your computer into a zombie for use in massive attacks without your knowing it. Block the computers and a server if you have one at home then let your ISP deal with the attack. logs on your router would be nice for ferensic tracing and MAC id, header and Packet capture - sniffing- brute force and passive as well.
It is alot but it would help out home users and really cut down on zombie attacks from home computers such as DDOS. Spell check would be nice! (:AGL) Portable as well - sigh-

ironleg1963