- Mandatory Windows 10 update day before to Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
- Quick scan “Starting” lasted for two and a half hours keeping the hard drive at 100% for much of that,
- “Task install updates” “Starting”also stalled at 45% [See Attached image]
- clicked on link in Check for program updates “updates available”
- then after two hours:
- cmdinstall.exe has been stalled at (82.2%) for over two hours.
- [view logs] grayed out.
- Before and after stopping tried clicking Comodo [Task Manager]
- Received “Comodo Security agent could not be started, run Diagnostic, Yes/No”
- Clicked [Yes]
- Result: “Diagnostics did not find any errors.”
Searched Drive C:\ for cmdinstall.exe_
No cmdinstall.exe_XXXXXX.log.7z in
or found by
I have had similar problems twice before.
I did a clean install two months ago because of Stalling scans and updates.
[Running Tasks – Excerpt]
. . .
Name Path Proc ID Pri Min Max Start Time Ver Size File Date
cavwp.exe N/A 8532 8 N/A N/A 6/15/2017 3:53 PM N/A N/A N/A
cmdupd.exe N/A 11144 8 N/A N/A 6/15/2017 3:55 PM N/A N/A N/A
cmdinstall.exe N/A 4664 8 N/A N/A 6/15/2017 3:56 PM N/A N/A N/A
cmdinstall.exe N/A 7420 8 N/A N/A 6/15/2017 3:56 PM N/A N/A N/A
ise_installer.exe N/A 11536 8 N/A N/A 6/15/2017 3:56 PM N/A N/A N/A
. . .
System and OS Information
Model: Satellite L655
Processor: lntel(R] Pentium(R] CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHZ
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU
P6100 @ 2.00GHz, 1999 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 BIOS Version/Date INSYDE 2.80,
Installed memory [RAM]: 3.00 GB(I-1.36 GB usable]
System type: 64-bit Operating System, X64-based processor
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
System Model Satellite L655
System Type x64-based PC
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Embedded Controller Version 2.30
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer Intel Corp.
Total Physical Memory 2.86 GB
Available Physical Memory 840 MB
Total Virtual Memory 7.16 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.69 GB
Page File Space 4.30 GB