SSL Key Length on Mac OS X

Has anyone else experienced this?

I had some trouble setting up an SSL email certificate for my self and for my father. I’m running Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6) on a MacBook 13" aluminum - with an Intel processor. He’s running Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) on a PowerBook G4 (PPC processor).

I chose the 2048-bit key length for the SSL Key for both systems. It worked like a charm on my MacBook (Snow Leopard) - the certificate installed in my keychain without a fuss - and it showed the little lock and certificate “seal” icons in Apple’s Mail program (a.k.a mail.app).

On my father’s machine, the certificate generated with the 2048-bit key installed just fine into the keychain, but mail.app never would show the lock and seal icons on the right of the new message window.

After hours of fiddling with CA’s and other various and sundry troubleshooting, I just decided to go back to the COMODO site and revoke the 2048-bit certificate, and then regenerated one with a 1024-bit key. Then, it installed just fine into the keychain (as usual) - and now mail.app showed the lock and seal icon.

I’m guessing it’s either the hardware (PPC G4 vs. Intel), or Snow Leopard vs. Leopard.

Does anyone know the reason the 1024-bit key works and the 2048-bit key doesn’t?

Thanks in advance,
Tig

Hi,

Please submit the ticket in the following link

https://support.comodo.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit