Spywar's Avast 8 malware tests

New test : Avast vs 12 unknown malwares + mbam quick scan : 1 unable to run, 11 blocked.

Spywar,

Just now tested Avast 8 latest & CIS 6 latest on real system XP 32.
Malware used were latest 17 & 35 malware pack by you at malwaretips.
All the malware were executed.
PUP was enabled for Avast & when with autosandbox Avast didn’t find malware continue execution was selected.

CIS default settings & sandbox was selected when Unlimited Access Rights popup appeared.

After test system was restarted & ccleaner was run & HitmanPro was run.

CIS - No active malware were found, HitmanPro found 1 malware in temp, 1 in application data as suspicious & 4 zeroaccess in recycler, what is recycler?

Avast - 1 active malware notepad.exe, was there in msconfig-startup & taskmanager, KillSwitch showed notepad.exe as Unclassified Malware, HitmanPro found the same malware in temp & suspicious one in application data as CIS, no other infection.

CIS & Avast are my fav & on my systems so I mostly test these 2 with same malware & see the results & compare them & post here in the forum.

Regards
Naren

OK please keep up the good work because I always click close on something not detected by Autosandbox. As you see improvements are here…
About more improvements regarding autosanbox (still have to wait it’s not working yet)

Nice work men :-TU

Naren,The latest varients of zeroaccess hide in the recycle folder :wink:

Is it a risk i.e no active malware were there with CIS but these remnants of zeroaccess inert files?

How many files were found in that folder??

was any system file infected?? if no then COMODO just allowed those remanents to get in… ;D

Both CIS and avast did equally well in your test bro :wink:

I didn’t knew where to look for recycler so couldn’t check out the folder.
HitmanPro found 4 files in recycler & I couldn’t make out what those files were as the file name was lengthy & in numbers like s-1-2-789 something like this.

well,in that case they are just dropped files and no real infection :slight_smile:

New test : Avast vs 21 undetected fresh samples + MBAM quick scan : 1 unable to run / 20 blocked please watch in HD :wink:

Note: samples used in the test are available on malwaretips (30 samples pack that I gave them)

Good one… Keep them coming :slight_smile: :-TU

Thanks for the test results spywar.

Hi, since this is not only a “unknown malware test” I have created a new thread
Avast 8 bs 30 MAL URL + 16 undetected fresh samples

There really is no need to create more threads for your tests.

There’s nothing wrong with posting your tests, but five threads on the subject is getting excessive. I’ve merged your Avast 8 testing threads to this single thread. Please post any additional tests to this thread.

I’ve already locked one thread because it was a repeat of another.

Avast vs 15 fresh undetected samples

Conclusion : 1 was safe (did not execute it)
3 passed : 1 was a PUP and 2 were trojans now don’t know why they didn’t get autosandboxed.

I think seen as where in the Comodo forum a comparative test should also be done so you could show the two sets of results side by side :slight_smile:
I would say the vast majority of members here are Comodo users in some form or another and would appreciate the comparison, if to only affirm there choice of security product :wink:

I test on my own PC soon I’ll set up a VM.
New test with impressive results : 20 undetected fresh malwares samples

I agree. +1 :slight_smile:

Ive noticed in a couple of videos that comodo has 2 different av alert windows.My comodo av alerts look like a firewall alert window,but ive seen where there is a smaller alert…any ideas why please.?