Spywar's Avast 8 malware tests

whats your troubles with MalwareDoctor he did nothing wrong to you

I just don’t like when a test is done with safe samples (I know they are safe he just download a pack that I have already downloaded and execute thinking all of the stuffs are malwares).
And he clearly said on a topic that a PUP can behave like a malware …

spywar

Can you tell me where to get those fresh samples & true malware i.e not safe samples?

Ive never said avast has bad detection.it has excellent detection rates.

These are private ;D But are all malwares (i.e Zaccess / Rogue / Trojans / Rootkits / Ransomwares / sometimes Solimba Adware but very rare …).

clearly,you havent read my reply because if you had you would know the answer…

My only problem it that testers pick a lot of benign and non-malicious samples :-\

Try again … Once you’ll give us a reliable test where Avast fails then ok, so far nothing shows a bad test from Avast 8.

New one - YouTube vs 12 undetected samples.

To me test’s come and go, some look good some look bad.
I choose to protect my and my families pc’s with CIS over any other security software for one reason only…default deny.
I wouldn’t feel comfortable relying on a signature based solution no matter how good it’s detection rate.
As far as Avast goes I have been watching this recent incarnation with interest, Excellent detection and says all the right things ie sandbox and new back-end detection system, the later which is the jewel in the crown from what I’ve seen, however it’s not deny default.
I don’t have the confidence in the new dynamic-detection engine and auto-sandbox, we have a tried and tested, time served, proven solution already called Defense + why take a chance ?
This is right now - bring on Valkyrie and reversal technologies to just name a couple of future features and a bit of polish and I can’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want this piece of mind.
This isn’t taking any thing away from Avast it’s definatly much improved with better than average detection, one to watch.

BIG test.
Note: some samples were similar.

Also Avast vs 12 fresh samples :

PS: why only avast ? It’s my own PC so still waiting to get VM set up once ok, I’ll start others AV vendors.

enjoy,
spywar

Well,if they have the same icon doesnt mean they are similar actually I have noticed that if you pick the samples from malwares.pl,virussign and some other places the sample similarity is quite rare the icon remains same but varients are different…great test! ;D

BTW, they were so fresh ;D I wanted to show some vt reports but none of them was already uplauded …

spywar

spywar

Henceforth, can you please put all these Avast videos in one topic. Thanks.

No problem.

You def gone Avast crazy LOL! ;D :-TU

New test : - YouTube
vs 15 samples
(you can download samples from malwaretips).

Can you do a comparative test between nortons sonar set to highest settings, avasts evo gen and filerep, and comodos HIPS turned on and auto sandbox set to restricted.

Sure, on my own system ? ;D
Please as I told before, I need to set up my new VM (about 1 month from now) once done, I’ll start testing whatever you want :-TU.

thanks

Avast! 8 vs 18 fresh samples (I submitted a malware pack on MalwareTips forum to those who wants the samples for whatever reasons).