Spywaredetector? Need help PLEASE ASAP!!!!! [Resolved]

Ok I went here and downloaded this. I need to know did I just install something that compromised my computer.

I am really worried it might be infected now and I havent used my computer except to go to these forums. Can someone that tests programs please check this below and tell me I am in trouble and if so can someone help me out of it

possibly malicious link removed (:m*)

yo!.i’ve removed the link.
don’t know if the program’s malicious or not.
i’ve posted it on modboard.let’s wait for someone else to help :slight_smile:

I really hope someone checks it out soon, there is something I have to do online that is pretty important. Plus these is some very important info on this computer that could really hinder me if my security was compromised.

~losing my mind~

hi there! according to some other mods. it truly is a rogue antispyware. :o
have you try to remove it? maybe using SAS(superantisyware) or MBAM (malwarebytesantimalware)?

do you have CIS installed?

Thats what I thought…unfortunately a Comodo Volenteer Moderator suggested it!!!..My friend was allowing it and I started to read as he was approving things. He said it asked to take control Avira of comodo and other things…he said he approved everything on the D+

I’m bout to lose to now! What can I do…

Greetings,

Could you please provide me the name of the Comodo volenteer who told you to use the product ? Thanks.

In the meantime, it might prove usefull to take a look here

Best regards,
Xan

I asked him if he knew any good antispyware and he gave me this and SUPERantispyware to try. John has help me on some thing before…I honestly am extremely disappointed…

Edit by Matt to remove link…again!!

My deep apolagies for this, I will inform him ASAP !

Please try to topic I gave you to fix it. If that isn’t help it you can still simply block it with Defense+

Comodo → Defense+ → View active proces list → right click on it’s proces then click : terminate and block.

This will defeat the little bastard forever :wink:

Xan

you can check the link with Site Inspector.

Melih

Is it released to the public already then ? I thought it was in beta and available for the malware research group only or am I missing something ?

Xan

lol
OMG.

Use one of these tools

1.Ad-Aware: http://www.lavasoft.com/
2.Spyware Doctor: go to here ‘http://pack.google.com’ then uncheck all of them except ‘Spyware Doctor’
3.Spy Sweeper: http://www.webroot.com/
4.Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Remember, I do not recommend you realtime scanning with CIS or any other antivirus tools.
Use them manually.

A little of topic, but as you seem to know pretty much about it, I can’t resist asking it.

Why are you sujesting :

• adaware: when it’s in my eyes pretty late with it’s signatures, and it mostly leaves some files behind ?
  • spyware doctor starter: when it has like 300.000 signatures, and the realversion has like 2.000.000 sigs ?
  • Spysweeper : when it’s known to be incompatible with the existing CIS version ?

Xan :slight_smile:

Malwarebytes
It found 2 things so far.
Adware.MyWebSearch Reference# 29568
Trojan Vundo Reference# 54775

Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 1962
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

4/10/2009 1:28:24 PM
mbam-log-2009-04-10 (13-28-24).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:|)
Objects scanned: 95478
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 17 minute(s), 31 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes{56256a51-b582-467e-b8d4-7786eda79ae0} (Trojan.Vundo) → Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Schemes\f3pss (Adware.MyWebSearch) → Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Bit Defender

Came up with 0
So nothing detected by it.

SUPERantispyware

Came up with 0
So there was nothing here either.

Since it might be controlling Avira(what I believe was approved in D+) Should I uninstall Avira and then install it again after I run all 3(Malwarebytes, SUPERantispyware and bitdefender? Also am considering removing the Comodo and reinstalling it after everything.

Do I keep all 3 of those programs on my computer?

Those antispywares has some speciallties at the Field.
I’ve been used them from the Beginning to present day.
Some of them have overlapped signatures, but some of them have not.
Also they have different scanning routines. We can’t say they have same process.
We can use them until we find any suspicious files.
Also, the numbers of signatures don’t give us specialty.
Fori nstance, there are about 400~500 major malwares moving around the world, now a days.
(sometimes old malwares can be found and effected but not always)

adaware: when it's in my eyes pretty late with it's signatures, and it mostly leaves some files behind ?
Sometimes it gives us nice detection except MRU stuffs, slow update frequency.
- spyware doctor starter: when it has like 300.000 signatures, and the realversion has like 2.000.000 sigs ?
also this one is good, but it makes lots of conflictions with other antivirus tool even if antivirus function turned off. Sometimes they give us 1year FREE promotion(Retail Version). ;D
- Spysweeper : when it's known to be incompatible with the existing CIS version ?

I saw one of my friends had problem with spysweeper+CIS(ver ~477).
That combination made system freeze and HDD slow.
After uninstall spysweeper, problems gone.

There is something I want to say.
All the PC systems are not always same.
We don’t know what kind of softwares and files installed.
We don’t know what kind of OS installed with different languages.
And the malwares that are found are very different, It depends on countries.
So I can say,
It depands on system.

Keep scanning with other tools until nothing found.

You can keep them but I don’t recommend with real time scanning on.

And did you check what you posted?

https://forums.comodo.com/general_security_questions_and_comments_not_product_related/net_framework_error_help-t37708.0.html

I just read that and Ill be trying it after I do the other scans. Thanks for the response.

Also if these programs are showing things(trojans etc. etc) if I did end up removing the program(malwarebytes for example) wouldn’t that release the virus back into my system?

If you don’t like it.
You can use http://www.ccleaner.com/.
Also, do not touch anything with powertoys if you don’t know powertoys option, only touch add/remove.
If you don’t powertoys makes your PC totally mess up.

Also if these programs are showing things(trojans etc. etc) if I did end up removing the program(malwarebytes for example) wouldn't that release the virus back into my system?

No.
Don’t worry.

But
If you use ‘Windows Restore’ function, you might have those virus again.
So, becareful.
And if you have any unstable condition with your windows, reinstall windows it’s better for you.

Don’t forget! Update all of critical updates for windows.(for just in case)

There is a Spyware Detector site currently with a green WOT rating. Could any WOT users look for it with Google (but do not go there) and give it the rating it deserves asap.

Thanks

errr if this spyware detector really is nasty. why would PCmag review it ???

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2073458,00.asp

Spyware detector is really is nasty.
PCmag reviewed it is useless stuff.
I do say ‘Spyware detector’ is a trash.
Nothing different from fake anti spyware.
Because, there are those kind of softwares that take money from people.
They put spywares or fake spyware, fake spyware signature into customer’s PC, then they say
‘You have infected files in your PC, if you want to clean it pay the MONEY’.
But actually customer’s PC is not infected or infected by those kind of trash antispyware.
It’s the one of the tactic to steal money from people.
There are many tools still have same problem all over the world.
Some of fake companies convicted but some of them are still investigated.
Customers should do a legal action against those rogues.
Because they always avoid beeing convicted dexterously.
After conviction, they those rouges close the company then make new company with different name.

by way of suggestion, there are only few Proved antispyware tools for many years.

Do not use ‘spyware detector’.

anyway Let’s torture GANDA~~~~~~~~~~