SpamPal

I use the spam filter, SpamPal with Outlook Express. Since installing CAVS certain accounts return the following message when configured for localhost.

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your User Name was rejected. Account: ‘CTS (Admin)’, Server: ‘127.0.0.1’, Protocol: POP3, Server Response: ‘-ERR Missing username argument’, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

My suspicion is that this is somehow related to the character count in the username/server entry. Is this a known issue? Is there a solution?

I had trouble with Spampal after installing CAVS too. It simply didn’t run and I ended up uninstalling it.

I have just reinstalled it, version 1.73h beta and it is now working fine.

This time I have not got it running as a service and I have added CAVS to the list of Programs not to filter, in the options, with this entry:

cavemsrv.exe # Comodo AntiVirus Email Proxy Server.

I am using Thunderbird on POP 3, I don’t know if that makes a difference.

With this beta version with transparent proxy there is no need to alter any of the standard mail settings, whereas the standard program involves quite a few changes with the Thunderbird settings.

Thanks for that. Hadn’t occurred to me to try the betas. I’ll give it a go and get back to you.