SpamBayes conflict

Hi,

I installed Comodo Firewall Pro (2.4) this morning and ever since Outlook has been throwing errors about SpamBayes (SpamBayes: Windows platform) so I re-installed it but that didn’t sort it. But when I uninstalled Comodo Firewall Pro it didn’t throw errors.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

TIA

Tim

Hi Tim

Sorry, you’re having trouble. What were the errors that Outlook was generating? Were there any related block messages in CPF? Does the Outlook/SpamBayes combo work with CFP set to Allow All?

Hi kail,

Thanks for the response. I’ve just tried it with “Allow All” but it still has issues, basically when you start Outlook it throws an exception which is reported to Microsoft and it states that the Add-in ‘SpamBayes’ caused an exception, do you want to disable it in the future and instructions on how to re-enable it later.

SpamBayes has been running on my various PC’s for probably 2 years now without a problem, it’s built on Python if that helps. I think it’s probably a direct conflict between two exes?

Let me know if you want me to try anything else to diagnose the issue.

Tim
p.s. CFP rocks :wink:

Hi Tim

I did test SpamBayes recently when I was looking for an AntiSpam app… I don’t remember there being any specific problems, other than I didn’t like it.

With Allow All set CFP does not meddle with any comms traffic, it just allows it through. So, if there is any conflict it… I don’t think it is with the EXEs directly, but maybe their supporting drivers. I also don’t remember anybody else reporting such a conflict (you’re the first).

I think it’s best that you go to Comodo Support, register on their system & raise a ticket on this issue. Remember to advise them of your OS & versions of Outlook & SpamBayes. Also please post back any feedback/resolutions that you get, thanks.

Thanks I will, out of interest what software (if any) do you use in addition to Outlooks junk “filter”?

Tim

Tim

In the end I selected K9 as my Spam/Junk filter.