[Solved] Geek Buddy is unable to connect to server

Greetings,

As of today, Geek Buddy will give an error message when trying to run it.

It first says: “Connected! checking your liscence…”

Then: “Connected! Assigning you to a support technician…”

And ultimately is says: “Unable to connect to server. Please check your network connectivity!”

I tried with VPN connection, but it wouldnt work neither.

Using Windows 11 version 22H2 OS build 22621.1702 and Geek Buddy v4.18.122. Changes done to the PC since the last time that Geek Buddy worked fine are:

• I updated the motherboard application last night: via Armoury Crate 5.6.3.0 it downloaded HTML 4.0 which doesnt appear under armoury crate, but under Settings > Apps > Installed apps, ASUS motherboard 4.00.06 appears.

• Via Armoury Crate too, ASUS HAL Cental got updated, but the date inside Armoury Crate shows it hasn’t been updated; last update seems to be from 7 days ago.

• I upgraded for the first time powershell to powershell 7.3.4

• Downloaded 2023-04 .NET 6.0.16 Security Update for x64 Client (KB5025915)

• Downloaded Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistribuable Package (KB2538242)

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

How can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,

B

Edit: I tried uninstalling and re-installing Geek Buddy and during the serial key activation Geek Buddy software says: “Network error on activating liscence”.

Another PC, win8.1, wont have Geek Buddy working neither with or without VPN.

Hi burialfaith,

Thank you for reporting.
We are checking on this.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi burialfaith,

Could you please click on get live support in CIS about tab and check ? (Refer the attached pic geeky.jpeg)

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

@C.O.M.O.D.O_RT
For info
It works for me
French location

1 Like

Hi ZorKas

Thank you for the information.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Greetings ZorKas,

Thanks for the suggestion. I already had tried that option (from CIS: Advanced view > General Tasks > Get Live Support) and it didn’t work still, either that way^^ or from: CIS > Question mark icon > Support > Get Live Support".

Although today, I was able to register my serial key (which I wasn’t able to do since the issue started and I attempted to re-install Geek Buddy software). Still, after my license was activated, I’m getting the error message: “Unable to connect to server. Please check your network connectivity”! I tried with and without VPN and on two PC (4x scenarios), but Geek Buddy won’t connect to server giving the same error message each time.

Best regards,

B

Greetings,

I did a fresh install with win10 (instead of win11 where the issue began) and Geek Buddy won’t connect to the servers still.

https://ws.livepcsupport.com/lps-wca/geekbuddy.html wont connect to servers neither via Edge browser.

Could I help troubleshooting? Would tracert cmd or some software help identifying the issue?

Best regards,

B

It’s the same PC as here

burialfaith

With the problems mentioned ?

Yes same PC and same Windows 10 install.

So the problems are related

1 Like

For that PC maybe.

There is still a desktop PC running Windows 8 that had Geek Buddy installed, but on which Geek Buddy isn’t connecting to the server anymore as of right now. It has Geek Buddy v4.18.4188747.122 installed.

I will try to download another Geek Buddy version such as v4.32.426408.247.

B

Greetings,

I uninstalled Geek Buddy v4.18.4188747.122 and downloaded Geek Buddy v4.32.426408.247 via Download Antivirus for Mac | Free Antivirus Software for Mac and the 4.32.426408 version is working fine.

Seems like the previous version could maybe not be authorized to connect to servers anymore?

Issue fixed by downloading Geek Buddy from the above link and reinstalling!

Thank you,
Best regards,

Burialfaith

Thank you for the feedback
ZorKas

1 Like