So where are the CIS users with viruses.

I usually don’t pick up on choice of words, but:

I agree on “average”, however this was not your choice of word in the other post. :wink:

LA

(For the record, I wouldn’t deny CFP and CAV being average without D+ :))

You can’t blame me from not picking the right words right on the first time. But, if I am faced to situation where people need me to clarify what I mean, then I will, as I have nothing to “hide”. What I have to say I say. I’m a frontal person and I am the first to say that both CFP and CIS as the full package are one heck of a security application. This Comodo can be proud of. I don’t deny it. Never did. As I mentioned before, if I used (and I do use) CIS (less the AV as I don’t need it) and then say it sucked, well, I would be mad of my mind, I guess.

Best regards

I want to leave it cleary for everyone: As a FULL package, nothing beats CFP and CIS. But if we take the Defense+ from the package, then what would we get? Average firewall and average AV. This is what I meant when I said that without D+, both firewall and av would suck. The firewall, because, well, no D+. The AV, well, no D+ and no heuristics either. That’s all.

No need to see me as an enemy, as I’ve always made suggestions and still do to help improve Comodo products, specially CIS (including the AV! And Melih can’t deny this!). I want to help improve what CIS has to offer, as I also use it. Makes sense no? So, why would anyone target “DarkButterfly”?

I believe we live in a democracy and that at this forum there is no censure, right? Then, I guess I am entitled to give my opinion and I gave it. It seems I hurt someone. Did I? Did I made nasty comments about anyone? Or anything else? No, I havent. At least, I think I didn’t, otherwise my posts would be at the Violation Policy board, I guess. All I ever did was to give my opinion about something. Or can’t I? No one has to agree with it, nor will I force anyone to agree with it. How could I? But, I think no one has the right to say that I have something against Comodo before they see all my posts in all threads; specially those about CFP and CIS where I gave, give and will keep giving suggestions to improve such tools. After you do such research, then yes, come and say that I have something against Comodo. Until then, well, just don’t.

Best regards everyone

DarkButterfly, I never accused you for bashing Comodo and I realized many posts ago where you stand concerning CIS. You’ve repeated that you support and like CIS, and I have no doubts in that.

You’ve made your point what CIS would be without D+, it’s very clear, but I honestly don’t really see the reason in discussing it any further since D+ is the core of CIS and this will not change.

LA

I don’t say is you. :slight_smile:

I also see no point on keeping it going, but I had to say it one last time, 'cos seems some people have doubts on that. I hope now it is clear that I do use and do like CFP and that everytime I think of improvements that could be made, I give my suggestions.

Best regards

Can we let this thread die? :frowning:

Josh

Yes it’s way off topic now, but Melih has given us some most interesting information.

Someone I know who spends much of his day removing malware on one of the best regarded HijackThis forums, told me he had not come across any infected logs showing CIS running. He too wondered if many were using it, so it is good to hear answers to that.

I agree with that. I manifested that in my first post which was:

[…]
Your question makes no sense, at all. Users will only complain if they notice there is malware on their system and the AV cannot detect them, or the AV does detect, but, cannot remove.
[…]

Rethorical question: Or will they complain for their AV to detect and clean?

This happens with any AV people use. How many times don’t I see in plenty forums people saying - Don’t use X AV, 'cos after I tried this Y AV it detected malware the X could not.
Of course. It will always be like that. No AV will ever detect everything and nothing will always be perfect at everything and if people try other stuff which detects, then all they can do is report to AV developer and report such, otherwise that AV won’t ever detect it. That’s what people should do.

As far as I am concerned this thread never made any sense.

Sure. Why don’t you take the honors and kill it? 88)

Yet another very good point James!!!

Thanks

Melih

Nah… :slight_smile:

This is because the very noob users do not use comodo, comodo is a bit complicated for a lot of people.

By the way, comodo should have a behaviour blocker like mamutu or threadfire or norton antibot