So no certificate for Web-based e-mail?

I am new to this e-mail certificate thing. I read the post by mouse1, https://forums.comodo.com/email-certificate/installing-free-email-certificates-in-outlook-draft-t116663.0.html, where there is this “Using Firefox and Outlook - tested.” The way I initially understood it was I could have e-mail certificate with the Web-based Outlook e-mail using FF. Of course, I tried but could not find the Options → Trust Centre. I finally realized that the post was talking about using FF to acquire and backup the certificate for use with the Outlook client. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or, is there really a way to use it for www.outlook.com? Just asking.

OK sorry I will make that clear now.

I am afraid I do not have Web-based Outlook but I would think you could create the backup on your local disk then import it, browsing to that file in the import Wizard?

Done

Sorry. If I had any basic knowledge of e-mail certificates, I wouldn’t misunderstand you.

I am afraid I do not have Web-based Outlook but I would think you could create the backup on your local disk then import it, browsing to that file in the import Wizard?

I was able to acquire and backup several certificates using FF, thanks to your instructions.

I do not use Outlook client. If by “import Wizard” you meant that of Web-based Outlook, I don’t know if it’s available, but I can’t find it in the settings.

I guess I was hoping you would be able to navigate in the web application as follows:
Options ~ Trust Centre ~ Trust Centre Settings ~ Email Security ~ and Choose to import a Digital ID

You then get a couple of dialogs inc a browser dialog, which I hoped would allow you to import your backed up certificates.

Sorry we are both half blind - I don’t have web-based Outlook. I assume by that you mean outlook from Office Pro 365 (or whatever the version that includes Outlook is called).