Slow connection when using VPN

Here’s my info as requested in the “How to Post” post:

• Version of Comodo Firewall Pro: 2.4.18.184
  • Internet connection type: DSL Modem, single computer connected, no router.
  • OS/SP: Windows XP SP 2
  • How you are logging in to the OS (Admin, User): Admin
  • Other Security applications installed: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition
  • Security related applications removed/disabled before installing CFP: Norton PF, Norton AV (both uninstalled), Windows Firewall (disabled)
  • Security related application which have been removed/disabled after installing CFP: None (may have disabled Windows Firewall after install—don’t remember).
  • Detail the problem, such as which applications are running when you have the problem: See below
  • Please inform us if you have created any custom rules: Yes, two Network Control Rules: Created a trusted zone for a VPN I use to move files to and from the LAN at work, allowing IP in and IP out to the zone. I had a rule to block TCP/UDP In or Out from Winword.exe, since deleted as unnecessary (thanks for the help on that one, Little Mac!). Incidentally, I’m using Word 97 and Excel 97.

Here is my problem:

I’m experiencing periodic slowdowns when connecting my home computer to my workplace LAN through a VPN provided by my employer.

The Comodo log shows the following (I hope cutting and pasting in this format’s ok; if not I can put up a small html or a screen shot):

Date/Time :2007-09-23 21:49:23
Severity :High
Reporter :Network Monitor
Description: Blocked by Protocol Analysis (Fragmented IP Packet)
Direction: IP Incoming
Source: xxx.xx.xx.219
Destination: 192.168.90.3
Protocol : UDP
Reason: Fragmented IP packets are not allowed

Date/Time :2007-09-23 21:49:23
Severity :High
Reporter :Network Monitor
Description: Blocked by Protocol Analysis (Fake or Malformed UDP Packet)
Direction: UDP Incoming
Source: xxx.xx.xx.219:88
Destination: 192.168.90.3:4473
Reason: UDP packet length and the size on the wire(1446 bytes) do not match

These two alternating messages are repeated maybe two dozen times, give or take, over a period of about 5 minutes, during which time my ability to connect to the remote LAN was pretty much dead. Then it seemed to clear itself up, for unknown reasons. This seems to happen frequently. Any clues as to what’s causing it or how to fix it? Thanks.