singed msg received as an attachment

Hi All ,

When i receive a digital signed email it comes as an attachment. Is this the ideal way for digitally signed cert ?

Using Mac outlook client
Best

Which version of Outlook are you using on OS X/macOS? What mail client sent the digitally signed email?

Technically, digital signatures are attachments and it is because the client (e.g. Web-based such as gmail) doesn’t know how to handle the digital signature that it just leaves it as an attachment.

TY for your replay,
i’m using outlook 2016 client and MacOS Sierra. i used Mail 10.1 and
It’s the same.

I’m sorry for the delay. I have some follow up questions for you:

[ol]- To confirm, you sent the digitally signed email from which mail client?

• You received the email on Outlook 2016 (for Mac) and Mail 10.1? Is Mail 10.1 the mail client on Sierra (if so, shouldn’t it be Mail 10.12 to go along with the OS version numbering?) or are you speaking of mail on iOS 10.1? Please clarify and be as specific as you can.

• What file extension was given to the attachment? (e.g. MSG, p7s, etc)

• Do you see any part of your message or is the message body blank?

• Are you perhaps using an AV/Anti-Spam solution when sending email? If yes and you know, which one(s)?[/ol]

I haven’t heard of this issue before, which is why I am asking all of these questions and seeking clarifications.

Thank you!

Hi ,

1- I used both macOS(outlook2016 , mail) , windows 8 (outlook2016)
2- There’s one thing to add the server that is used is exchange server 2010 (i guess) does this make sense ?
3- .eml (for mac) .msg (windows)
4- the body is blank to original message is attached
5- i’m not aware of this but i’m sending mail to myself as testing.

I haven't heard of this issue before, which is why I am asking all of these questions and seeking clarifications.

Fell free if you have further questions

Thank you ,
Hussam