Severe Boot Time Delay

I have Comodo Internet Security 5.10.22 and after I installed the program I noticed my startup times increasing a lot, the delay is about 30seconds after I enter my username and password. If I disable CIS in msconfig then the problem goes away. I wanted to simply set the service to “Automatic (Delayed Start)” to try and fix the problem but all the options for the service are locked and I can’t really find a way to fix this. I have been able to kinda end-run it by using hibernate instead of shut down, but that presents a new problem of my machine having anywhere between 2-5 solid days of uptime on a single boot which will eventually bog down my system. Is this a known issue with CIS because when I was using Avast 5 or 6 it wasn’t doing this. Any help is appreciated.

No one has anything to add about this issue?

Do you have another security program running in the background?

Also make sure that possible left overs of previously installed security programs are no longer present. Run clean up tools for these programs. A list can be found here: ESET Knowledgebase .

Rather than worry about registry remnants and things like that I did a clean install of Win 7 Home Premiumx64 and as soon as I install CIS this starts up. No other firewalls or antivirus, I even disabled the windows firewall.

Can you set the AV security to ‘disabled’ and then reboot see if that helps?
If not leave it disabled and also set the FW to ‘disabled’ reboot and test if that solves the issue.
If not leave both disabled and set Defense+ to disabled reboot and test.

If that doesn’t work go to Defense+ Settings and tick ‘disable Defense+ permanent’ and reboot.

Hope we can pin-point the issue to a specific module, what’s your hardware your running this on?