Settings disappeared randomly.

Comodo I.S. 12.2.1.6950

Windows 10 1909 x64, OS build 18363.535 intel processor Asus motherboard

Installed with online installer, took forever, rebooted, switched to proactive security, set all alert options to “do not show popup alerts” and “block requests”. Set virusscope to monitor the whole system instead of just the container, set the container to block ALL unrecognized and ALL known malicious files. Set file rating to auto block all detections. Added a file group for my game folders, another file group for my personal file folders, added some of my applications that aren’t in those file groups by default into the file groups where other applications like them exist.

I have sandboxie and voodooshield installed along side it, they never caused an issue like this before, I don’t see why they would now.

While adding my own rules and configuring CIS beta 2 my own way. ALL of my settings, including things that are in the proactive security profile by default seemed to have disappeared as soon as I applied the settings I made.

It happened the day before I made this report too. I made these exact same changes in previous build versions and this has happened before, but this time it happened as soon as I applied my custom settings.

Hi DrAlrek,

Thank you for your reporting.We will check this issue and notify you.

Best Regards,
PD

I updated that google drive folder with an error report and screenshots.

Don’t use other security software with CIS they will eventually cause issues, also sounds like you have create rules for trusted applications enabled which can cause all HIPS rules to get erased if you open the settings window while a rule is automatically being saved.

I think it might’ve been bleachbit’s community cleaner to clean comodo’s logs.

unchecked comodo’s entry from bleachbit and it hasn’t happened since.

Hello DrAlrek,

Please let me know are you still having this problem?
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Hasn’t happened in a while

Hello DrAlrek,

Okay,Thank you for your response.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

I’m pretty sure the cleaning option in bleachbit was doing it. It’s one of the cleaners from the community.