Security Event Log swamped with Logon/Logoff events

Ever since the v5 betas, I’ve noticed my Windows Security Event log (Win7 x64) gets filled with logon/logoff events and almost all originate from cmdagent.exe. There can be hundreds of them in seconds.

I use a SSD as my system drive so I like to keep churning event logs to a minimum and the security log can’t be moved to another drive.

From 9/21/2010 8:42:53 PM to 9/22/2010 5:26:20 PM I have 7487 events. Here is an example:

Log Name: Security Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Date: 9/22/2010 5:11:44 PM Event ID: 4624 Task Category: Logon Level: Information Keywords: Audit Success User: N/A Computer: [deleted] Description: An account was successfully logged on.

Subject:
Security ID: SYSTEM
Account Name: [deleted]$
Account Domain: WORKGROUP
Logon ID: 0x3e7

Logon Type: 9

New Logon:
Security ID: SYSTEM
Account Name: SYSTEM
Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY
Logon ID: 0x589d82a
Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Process Information:
Process ID: 0x1c4
Process Name: C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe

Network Information:
Workstation Name:
Source Network Address: -
Source Port: -

Detailed Authentication Information:
Logon Process: Advapi
Authentication Package: Negotiate
Transited Services: -
Package Name (NTLM only): -
Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon session is created. It is generated on the computer that was accessed.

The subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The logon type field indicates the kind of logon that occurred. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The New Logon fields indicate the account for whom the new logon was created, i.e. the account that was logged on.

The network fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.
- Logon GUID is a unique identifier that can be used to correlate this event with a KDC event.
- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.
- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.
- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.
Event Xml:

0x8020000000000000

Security
[deleted]

S-1-5-18
[deleted]$
WORKGROUP
0x3e7
S-1-5-18
SYSTEM
NT AUTHORITY
0x589d82a
Advapi
Negotiate

{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
-
-
0x1c4
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe
-
-

same here.

Any news?

Just checked on Win 7 x86.

I see the following sequence happening.
Special log on ID 4672
Log off ID 4634
Log on ID 4624 like Sartre reports

Can anybody with Vista or XP check and see what is going on there?

on vista with cis premium/free, i get the same: 35,000 audit events in security log.
maybe that’s why comodo grinds my system to a halt?
hope you can help
thanks

Same here in windows 7 64 bit…

Comodo! Seriously!

How can you not have picked up on this bug?

So people do check eventviewer lol…

Common Commodo this needs to be patched asap, that is not acceptable for a product under your name.

Why is this thread in the help subforum if noone reads it?
Should it be in the bug report subforum?

Running xp and as far as I can tell I’m not getting any extra logs now or very little extra than I was before CIS. I get a few logs on startup but not related to Comodo as far as I can tell, no extra during use. Kind regards
P.s Running V5 final not betas

I am having similar issues with Windows 7 / X64

There is a bug report in the board: https://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-cis/windows-security-events-explode-after-upgrade-to-comodo-firewall-vs-5-287-t63242.0.html .

Thanks for the update!