SD Card Scan

Recently testing out CMS again which i have to download via the forum link as my device resolution is low but apart from that the app works as normal. I decided to test the SD card scan with the simple eircar test file and while CMS full scan scanned SDCard0 it failed, as far as I can tell to scan the SD card itself as Sdcard0 is the phone’s own built in memory. I did watch the scan folders and it appeared not to scan the SD card folders. Can anyone else confirm?

Eric

Hi Eric,

we do not observe any problem on there. It scans both internal and external memories. Please look at the screen shot.

Best regards,
Ilker

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for your reply. I have a backup of the data folder and mp3’s on my external SD card but don’t see anything scanned when I watch the Full Scan being done.

It may be down to my file system it’s /storage/SDcard0 and /storage/external_SD which is the LG default

Maybe I should try finding a virus sample and running a scan.

Thanks for your help.

This sample is on both internal card and external but only detected from sdcard0. See screenshot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi Eric,

I think you can keep the APK on any location but the installed one would be only on SDcard or only on local drive. Could you please try to uninstall that and then install it from SD card and also click “Move to SD card” under settings - Applications - App info - storage" section? Then we can see if it scans the apk from SD card or not for sure on your device.

Best regards,
Ilker

Downloaded and put the APK On external SD. Full scan revealed no malware found. Installed app (Google verify advised not to install so i just used the package installer). After installing App from the SD CMS detected the App as Malware once it was fully installed. There wasn’t the option in the app settings to move the app to SDCard. I suppose it doesn’t matter about stray Apks as they don’t entirely matter unless you install from them.

Eric

Hi Eric,

That is true. It would be detected as soon as it is installed.

Best regards,
Ilker

Hi,

CMS don’t find my external SD card, what can be a problem ?
phone: ACER Liquid E350 single SIM
Android 4.0.3

Backup is saved automatically to internal SD

external SD it’s well inside :wink: view from file explorer

http://s21.postimg.org/lzskacyyr/shot_000006.jpg

and here from CMS software manager

http://s21.postimg.org/9win91yir/shot_000003.jpg

Best regards
Mariusz

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. We are going to investigate this.

Ilker

same thing happens to me. i just installed, i mean today, comodo mobile security on my motorola defy xt535 and on soft manager it says sd card memory: sd card is not present. i have a kingston 32gb class 4 memory card i bought a few weeks ago.