Scan is stuck

Hi,
I installed the Comodo AV (v1.1.1.6) today and let it scan my computer. The scan is stuck at the “c:\temp” folder.

Any ideas?
Is there an option to bypass the folder while scanning?

Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum! My suggestion is to delete temp files since they mainly take up space anyway, though it is your preference. Another suggestion would be to clean and defrag your drive, this can also cause scans to stick. My final suggestion would be to wait for the V.2 beta due any time and will put V.1 to shame. There are some goodies in it and it was postponed from the OCT 12 release date, seems they want to make sure it is up to specs. Nothing wrong with that. So, yes, in “my opinion” I would do the above mentioned and keep an eye out for V.2 any time now. If it still sticks after the suggestions, please come back and post and we’ll dig deeper into your problem.

Paul

Hello,

Comodo Antivirus getting stuck on certain files during the scanning process is a known issue and should be fixed in the CAVS 2 update, there should be a beta version of CAVS2 any time now, until then please follow the suggestions posted by Paul, and if the problem still sticks you may need to wait until the next beta is released.

Thank you all.

You are VERY welcome! :wink:

Paul

Not a problem Balderman, were you able to fix the scanning issue? or is it still present? If it is still present expect it to be fixed in the next beta release.

I too am having the scan stuck problem but it is a folder in My Documents so it is not like I can delete it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Comodo to no avail. I have version 1.1.1.6. It seems like it has caused problems with a lot of my programs and everything opens slower now or not at all. I have WINXP pro and uninstalled McAfee to install Comodo. Is there a way to find out what the conflict is here? It works ok on my other computer which is a laptop.

Hi,
This is the know issues and is fixed in Beta 2.0 which is under testing by beta testers. So if you are willing to give try, you can install it from http://antivirus.comodo.com/download/beta/CAVS_Setup_2.0.0.1.exe
Pl inform us the result of scanner if you try Beta 2.0.0.1.

Regards
Kishor

Hi,
This is the know issues and is fixed in Beta 2.0 which is under testing by beta testers. So if you are willing to give try, you can install it from http://antivirus.comodo.com/download/beta/CAVS_Setup_2.0.0.1.exe
Pl inform us the result of scanner if you try Beta 2.0.0.1.

However if you want , you can exclude these folders or files from on-access and on-demand scanning.

This could be possible that Mcafee was not uninstalled properly and it left some driver files. You can try to install and uninstall Mcafee.

Regards
Kishor

Hi All,
I tried v2.0 (both 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2) the scan problem is fixed and new fine features were introduced. However, I ran into the following major problems:

1. Using W2K3 SP1 the OS hangs every few minutes for several seconds. Removing the AV and OS rans smoothly.

2. Immediately after installation, IIS server failed to start after each reboot and had to be started manually. I had to re-install IIS to recover.

3. V2.0 introduces a new feature that prevents unknown processes to run unless the user allows it. I like the concept, however after each reboot, the AV re-creates a “safelist” files. This process takes place for several minutes and is a pretty annoying task.

Thanks,
DB

Hey DB,

1. The current version of the beta does do this. I think every beta users is hoping this gets pinned down and fixed in the next release, but the problem is in identifying the root cause of hte slowdowns. Fingers crossed.

2. Interesting. First report of this. Kishork? - Any comments?

3. When you boot and the safelist is running, click EXIT. You’ll get a warning about letting it complete. Click OK. You’ll then get a second dialogue asking if you want it to run on the next boot. Say NO, providing you have let the safelist run completely, at least once. This way, it won’t run at boot, and will only add files to the submission list as and when they are recognised as not bein gin the safelist.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick response.