Say what you think! [COMODO to keep COMODO Memory Firewall and BOClean]

maybe they design the code to be that way 88)
CFP (firewall & defense+) uses 2 processes (cfp.exe & cmdagent.exe)
CIS (firewal & defense+ & AV) uses those very same 2 processes
imagine you have CIS (firewall,defense+,CMF,BOClean,etc),the whole package with no additional processes running
(:HUG)
(ow, that’s just my blabber btw, haven’t got any info from the boss :■■■■ )

It would be interesting to: Firewall, defense+, Av, BOClean and Memory firewall in just a couple of processes.

:THNK

I guess you’re thinking of Launch Pad :slight_smile: !ot!

Yes, that’s the one ;D. Bring back Launch Pad :-TU.

:smiley:

You are spot on with your answers Duskao! Thank you :slight_smile:

Melih

At least BOClean should be given a separate option in the CIS install to only install that.

While a small part of me thinks it would be nice to have separate installers, a larger part thinks that it’s no biggie to have a handful of apps, with similar intents and purposes, bundled into the one installers, providing they are individually selectable at the time of install.

I agree that this would make for a slightly larger installation file to be downloaded (but probably not by as big a margin as you would think - the installer engine and support files would be common to all apps), but I don’t think it’s worth going into pucker mode over. Just my opinion. :wink:

[at] moonblood, we get it - we really do see what your perspective/opinion is - 9 out of 27 posts is pretty hard to ignore. Please allow others to express their opinion freely and without opposition. Please.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I say the more goodness they can pack into CIS, the better…

(Within reason of course, only security oriented stuff)

I don’t think you have seen me opposing to anyone, I want to believe.

But, one thing is to give an opinion, based on preponderated reasons. One other thing, to throw an opinion, just by throwing it.

And, I do not oppose to COMODO to make the bundle, regarding and as you well said, all components are optional, as in individually selected upon installation. Meaning, that if a user only wishes to use COMODO Memory Firewall/the same technology, then he/she could do it.

Because, mainly, what I am against, is the fact COMODO, until now, already killed COMODO Memory Firewall as a stand alone tool (no upgrades so far, etc. and for what I could see in one other thread, that’s what happened).
Only, making it available (the buffer overflow protection) if one also installs the rest (with exception to the AV, which is optional).

What about everyone else wishing to use such protection? Don’t have the right to have the sort of protection? Is it now only a privilege?

This are not my words, are Melih’s. I guess Melih trapped himself in is own very ideology. Or, now, we’re facing a different time, requiring different measures?

If not intending to keep stand alone versions, then make it possible to just install X module, to get the protection offered by it.

I really would like to hear you, Melih, on this.
Don’t you see it, in this case, the protection offered by the technology of COMODO Memory Firewall, as a right to everyone, and not a privilege just to those using COMODO Internet Security?

Or have things changed a lot since the day you made your “slogan”/whatever you guys wish to call it - Security should be a right and not a privilege?

Not anymore?

+1

well i am for security suite. its easy maintenance both the sides (developers and users). taskbar looks kool with few icons, fast bootup, few processes, configuration under one gui, no compatability and conflict issues, single update, etc. my vote goes to cis.

well i prefer ■■■■ where i get complementary starter not where i have to pay for starter.

Ths is will be my last post here, and just to say that everything is on COMODO hands right now.

COMODO is “who” can do something about it.

It’s COMODO “who” has to decide if some user using X firewall, Y antivirus and Z antispyware, also has the right to use, for example, COMODO Memory Firewall, to offer buffer overflow protection.

Bottom line is that, if Melih still follows the guideline that security is a right and not a privilege, then I believe the right choice will be made. Otherwise, I guess I’ve been wrong about COMODO all along.

I’m done with this issue.

Regards

+1!

C’mon guys, no one here wants to kill the bundle CIS, it’s awesome! But, some time ago in COMODO, security was a right and not a privilege! Things really change…

:-TD

You guys really dont understand how much money takes to keep these kind of software out there. You really dont have any idea.

For COMODO security is a right. That is why the offer high quality security products for FREE!!! Who pays for CIS development?? Who pays for CMF development?? Where does Melih gets the money for these projects???

I think we have to be grateful for having a company, a lucrative company developing such products for FREE!!!

Remember, Millions of dollars are spent and they get back only thousands from the Pro version.

Anyway just my 2cents.

hello (:WAV)
who said you will have to use the whole CIS ???
you will have to download the whole CIS installer.
but to use the whole package is a different thing 88)
download the whole package, use what you wanna use.simple,effective,efficient for Comodo & for us (:HUG)
c’mon guys it’s just like having a jar of colorful candy. you have the whole jar & every colored candy it contains, but you can choose which candy you want to eat. :slight_smile:

Why so dogmatic? Comodo decides to rationalize the provided installers, due to reasons we don’t even know about - but we’re guessing “efficiency” (whatever that means). What are you asking for - separate installers for just about anything? Free services, maybe a free cup of coffee as well? Sorry, I do agree with you to some extent but in the end I end up being happy with CIS. I don’t “require” Comodo to provide separate installers for everything, I’m just happy with what we get right now.

:BNC

Love the Jar and Candy analogy… its a great way of explaning it!!!

Melih

I know I said I wouldn’t be posting anymore, but…

Once again, I will say - It is GREAT that COMODO has a security suite and IS incorporating other stuff into it, to make people have to maintain just one app.

BUT!

100% of the users don’t use COMODO products for all their protection, do they?!

So, let me ask again, and according to Melih’s own philosophy, if those users, who just use X or Y protection from COMODO, if they no longer have that right? Will it now be only a privilege for those running COMODO’s suite?

For example:

I can’t run shellcode injection protection, with Defense+ not activated. Can I?!

So, again, not a right, but a privilege for those who are running Defense+, right?!

The same will happen to COMODO BOClean, as it will be incorporated into CAV, right?!

Again, only a privilege for those running COMODO Antivirus! And not a right for those running other AV, and who also wish and feel the need to use BOClean to be more secure.

Am I missing something here?!

OK, let’s put it that way - we won’t get security as a privilege for every user in the world, but rather for those who chose to accept the whole concept of CIS… then the question is, is this right or wrong? If BOClean-like protection etc. becomes a necessity of CIS, does that mean Comodo are doing something wrong? If someone choses NOD32 for AV and OA for firewall, are Comodo still “obliged” to provide an extra memory scanner for free? Or is it just desirable? And if it’s just desirable, who is to decide how desirable it is?

My questions may seem silly and/or philosophical, but my point is, regarding those who refuse Comodo AV, FW etc. and thus won’t get the little (?) extra protection that BOClean provides… isn’t it a storm in a water glass? Do we have the right to demand a specific type of protection (like signature memory scanning or BO memory protection) with a reference to “security must not be a privilege but a right”?

I definitely think they should also have them as stand alones. Many people use a mix of programs and can benefit from a memory firewall, BOclean, or other. However, if comodo eradicates them as stand alone programs then lots of people will not install a total internet security program just for one or two small apps.

Would you rather have a few people use every piece of security software you have (CIS) or lots of people using one or two programs. Basically, by keeping them as a stand alone, you could potentially have more users, and more users means they tell more people about your product, who tell more people…

But it does not sound like they are even willing to listen so let them do what ever they want cause they are going to no matter what we say.