SAS / other anti-spyware necessary with my setup???

only a very basic shield is activated, all other shields are disabled

i’ve been using spyware blaster. it’s got nothing to do with opera. SB will be useful if you use IE, (it only block cookies on firefox). SB is similar to ST immunizer & spybot immunizer/tea timer i guess.

nah,i think if we’re planning to use SD, don’t use any shield >:( it will slow things down.
hey, grampa, i think the most resource hog AS is BOC ;D
BOC425.exe : 16.756Kb
BOCore : 1476kb

About 2-3 months back I noticed sluggish performance when using Spyware Doctor Starter Edition from Google Pack. Using Task Manager I noticed that it would interact when another anti malware program would activate. This really slowed things down. Noticed other programs did it also, but not as bad as Spyware Doctor. It was replaced on my computer by Spyware Terminator, and the sluggishness all but disappeared when scanning with the other programs I have.

But for those that are interested here is a review of the latest Spyware Doctor v5.5

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2251749,00.asp

UncleDoug

Hi grampa

I sincerely think SpySweeper and SpywareDoctor are not really worth their price anymore.
They both once were really fine products, especially SpySweeper imho.

Why not simply combine BOClean and SpywareTerminator (both very resource friendly and free) with
the two most reliable free Scanners? (AVG and emsisoft a2? Maybe SAS free as a third addition?)

I guess the above mentioned are the very best choice amongst paid/free programs at this moment.

Add CPF and Avira free to it, I’m rather sure you’ll be glad.

Cheers.

Freeware rulez. Especially if resource friendly :slight_smile:

Interesting observation:

I intentionally followed a chinese bank fraud link (optically very well done!) a few weeks ago I got by an obvious spam/phishing/whateveryouwant e-mail. I tried the link with FF/Noscript. It simply wouldn’t allow me to follow the link and gave a beautiful warning :slight_smile:
Then I did copy the link (not just the primary one that was originally “pretended to be” shown in the e-mail, but also the one FF showed me after the click procedure) into Opera. Opera would have allowed me to fill in all forms. No warning, nothing. Interesting, don’t you think? Secunia tells you Opera is the most secure browser, while FF still has leaks.

Whom shall I believe now? (Rhetorical Q, of course…)

Hey all,
thanks for your ongoing help. I think I know what to do now: I’ll stay with AntiVir, CMF, CFP on XP. AND… I’ve recently installed Mandriva as a 2nd OS and am quite happy with it (though I feel a little naked without my fave security apps).
Thanks again…
grampa

Generaly antivirus software has bad - decent spyware removal. I recommend having a dedicated antispyware utility. Try spysweeper.

(:m*) 5 Off-Topic posts relocated to the Mandriva thread.

Odd, Pc mag, and other sites hold it in high favor, as do I. Its lighter then Spyware Doctor, and I never had a spyware problem, or slow downs with Spysweeper on.

Hi, cheers, prost and all…

Since the friendly government of my beautiful homecountry Germany has more than once declared to soon use a so called “BUNDESTROJANER” for online investigations to catch all them baddies 'n evil guys out there, and the local gov of Bavaria has topped this announcement now by lawfully allowing not only the police, but even certain secret agencies and unknown others to cracking silently one’s private door and visiting one’s house, while the owner’s not at home, and so on, and thus allowing to break manually into one’s sys and installing a rookie, or a singular trojan, or any other friendly tool alike…
I have come to the conclusion that it’s obviously not necessary anymore to buy, download or even own and use any kind of security software anymore (Including FW, HIPS, AV, AS etc. etc.) Our gov will watch over our endangered systems like a mother on her newborn child.

Baddies will be caught, and if I get a malware, my gov will remove it for me, hopefully?

Melih, any suggestions?

I’m drunk at the mom, but I’m not telling ****, of course.

The REBOL

(Who thinks it’s time right now for ALL GERMAN INTERNET USERS to stop using the internet)

And, the solution for every German internet addict is:

Become a monk (or, if female, a nun, of course) and move to the yet uninhabited parts of the southpole, build yourself a hut from whatever there exists, and forget about free information possibilities (you won’t be interested anyway then, cause it’ll be a hard job…)

Good bye all ye beautiful people.

I think I’m going home.