Sandbox not working? [RESOLVED]

Hi folks,

first of all I’d like to say thanks for CIS beeing free and constantly updated. :-TU

Whenever i start a program CIS (the sandbox part) shows me a popup and asks me if I want to keep the application inside of the sandbox. BUT the program isn’t running in the sandbox.

I start notepad.exe, the popup tells me that it runs inside of the sandbox and I save a simple text file to D:\text.txt.
Now i open the explorer and navigate to D:\ and the file is there, and no explorer.exe isn’t sandboxed.

When i run notepad.exe via the “Run a Program in the Sandbox” dialog and do exactly the same everything seems to work fine. (the file won’t be locatable withing the explorer)

Did i miss anything?

Automatic sandboxing does not implement file/registry virtualization. So a file can create and drop files, but it cannot modify protected resources such as files in System32.

[color=purple]Hi

Please also see here.

Your queries now seem to now been resolved. I’ll lock this topic and mark as [RESOLVED] should you have any further queries relating to this specific issue please PM an online Moderator and the topic can then be re-opened. If you have any other queries or issues please create a new topic.

Regards,

Mouse