Safe now to upgrade to v3?

CFP v3 has been out for several months already. Having read so much about problems CFP users run into when using the new version, I wonder if it is safe now for me to upgrade to v3 to take advantage of its many new features. I am still using CFP v2.

i guess so, i’ve switched to CFP3 since the first final release (XP SP2)
well, some ppl have compatibility issue, crashed, error, hang, BSOD, flu, fever, itchy ( ??? huh ;D ) but that’s normal (WTF ??? ;D ).
ehm (:NRD) seriously,

1. be sure you’ve completely removed your previous firewall before installing V3. you can use revo uninstaller.
  2. why don’t you create restore point (system restore) before you uninstall & reinstalling firewall, just in case.
    :■■■■
    Ganda

There has never been any real problems with Comodo.3.0. Its all been an understanding of how to use it and get familiar with it. People fear what they do not know.

Geeez, Ganda you make things Complicated roflol

Josh

Good advice on your #2 item shin. I always do that but most people don’t.

Exactly!
If you want to try it out (bear in mind that it will take a little while to get acclimated - both you to it, and it to your system) do this:
[assuming you’re using Windows]
Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > Select “create restore point” > name it “Back to Ver2.4” (or something like that) > then if you decide CFP3 isn’t for you, or you have unbearable problems with it - you just restore your system.

If you’re willing to take a little time to get familiar with it (mostly reading in my experience-the forums here answered everything not in the help file) I think you’ll find it’s worth the effort to have the added security and customization’s.

When you install it… do what it says here: https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/tip_installing_cfp3_for_the_first_time-t22296.0.html

Will save you a lot of initial time and effort and give you less popups and headaches.

Watch this space for the Beta of Comodo Internet Security and CAVS 3 at some point before the product release at the end of June!

Eric