Runtime Error

Hi,

I’ve been using CPF for a few weeks now and had some issues. One of them seems to be an issue with Launchpad. I’ve installed CPF on a network with 4 computers (actually just installed it on 2 computers yet). Just one of them can have internet access at the same time, most of the time this is the main computer. So if CLP on the other computer wants to check for updates it brings up a “make internet connection” box. If this is closed, it just pops up again. Now, if i do make a connection i get the following error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Comodo\Launchpad\CLPConfig.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusal way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

After that everything seems to run fine, so it’s not a big issue, but i thought i’d mention it anyway.
It happened both times i did that. (I’m not always there, so haven’t had the time to check it much. Also i don’t know for how long it has asked for internet access or how often it has been closed and popped up again)
I hope i have been clear enough. If not please ask, and i’ll try to clarify.

Btw, what does CLPConfig.exe do?

Thanks Comodo for making such great applications available for free,

George

CLPConfig.exe does few configuration work related to CLP products and also acts as Launch Pad’s updater. It connects to Comodo server once a day to check if updates are there.
We need following information to get to the problem:

1. Snapshot of the crash error dialog
  2. What happens when you run personal firewall’s updater. Do you see a crash there also?

I haven’t been able to reproduce the error yet. I’ll try some more tomorrow, but i suspect it only happens after a (very) long time of asking for internet access.
The personal firewall’s updater doesn’t give a crash. For now i have disabled automatic updates for the firewall, and also disabled Launchpad at startup.

George