"run a program in the sandbox" bugs

HI,

there are two bugs I noticed in the “run a program in the sandbox” window:

1. Paths/Filenames with spaces don’t work/start because the quotation marks are missing. If you put them there manually it works.

2. Programs needing elevated privileges (UAC) cannot be sandboxed that way (Could be by design though)

Also an observation: If Sandbox is disabled you can still start programs that way (“run a program in the sandbox”) but they WILL NOT BE SANDBOXED and YOU ARE NOT NOTIFIED. I think this is a serious oversight. It would be better to not run the process at all in this case. The only indication for that behavior is in the settings window beside the slider…

running Win7 Ult X64 CIS Premium 4.1.150349.920

1. Paths/Filenames with spaces don't work/start because the quotation marks are missing. If you put them there manually it works.
Are you sure. Works ok for me. If you can please post exact steps to replicate.
2. Programs needing elevated privileges (UAC) cannot be sandboxed that way (Could be by design though)
This is by design. Sandboxed files get user permissions only. (Except perhaps the 'unrestricted' sandbox level)
Also an observation: If Sandbox is disabled you can still start programs that way ("run a program in the sandbox") but they WILL NOT BE SANDBOXED and YOU ARE NOT NOTIFIED. I think this is a serious oversight. It would be better to not run the process at all in this case. The only indication for that behavior is in the settings window beside the slider...
This is by design, though the GUI text is ,misleading. (If you have the sandbox generally off you might nee to sandbox something occasionally). GUI issue noted on mods issue list as a problem.

Best wishes

Mouse

1: Yes you are right, I just tried a few times and could not reproduce the problem, even with files that didn’t work before. Maybe the last update to 4.1.150349.920 fixed it.

2: You get an error from CFP.exe that it requires elevation. Actually you can run and sandbox those, but only when starting cfp.exe with administrative privileges first. A little bit misleading for novice users.

Thanks for the reply…

Joe