rule for the firewall on the server for Apache

Hello,

I have an Apache server that listens on port 80.
With my old firewall, it was possible to have a message if someone was going to port 80 Apache.
Is this possible with Comodo CIS ?

thank for your answer.

Read the following tutorial I made. Substitute the port numbers and protocol for your situation.

To open the port TCP 1723 for example

First step is to determine the MAC or Physical address of you network connector. Go to Start → Run → cmd → enter → a black box will show up and enter the following → ipconfig /all (notice the space before /all) → enter → now look up the Physical address and write it down.

Notice that Physical address = MAC address

Firewall → Network Security policy → Global Rules → Add → fill in the following:
Action: Allow
Protocol: TCP
Direction: In
Description: Incoming Port

Source address: Any
Destination Address: Choose MAC address and fill in the found MAC/Physical address
Source Port: Any
Destination Port: 1723

Then push Apply → Now make sure that the new rule is somewhere above the basic block rule(s) as the bottom (the block rules have red icons); you can drag and drop the rules → Ok.

I do not think you understood my question. I do not see what the MAC address has to do here !
Therefore, I will rephrase it.

I have a rule that allows anyone on port 80. My Apache server is accessible by everyone without any problem.
What I want is to have an alert when someone comes to visit me!
I checked “log rule” but that does not gives me a message if someone came to visit my server.
Do you understand me ?

Thank you.

I get it.

You need to first make a Global Rule for incoming traffic on port 80 as described in the above. The MAC address is not the only way of identifying your computer as destination address.

Then you need an application rule for Apache. Easiest is to give it Trusted Application policy. If you choose this solution then you need to make a change in the Global Rule for port 80.You need to change action to Ask instead of Allow.

You also may need to change the Firewall Alert Settings to High or Very High.

If you choose to make a dedicated Application rule for Apache you can decide to have the Ask happening by the application rule and not by the Global Rule.