RootKit Trojan

I don’t know where to put this but I don’t use CAVS at the moment until it’s detection rates come up some more and the AOL Flash.ocx and HIPS problem is resolved.

I use Antivir PE Premium which incidentally DID NOT detect the below mentioned Trojan.

I had been having some problems with CPF 2.4 and installed ZA Pro with Anti-spy today to see if that resolves my issuese.

Upon doing a Spyware Scan it found the following:

XPC.Sony.Rootkit Trojan
Details can be found here:
http://smartdefense.zonealarm.com/tmpl/SpywareArticle?action=detail&sid=1593

Do you have COMODO BoClean installed on your system… or any other Trojan Guard type software?
I only ask because I run Boclean and another TRojan Guard software and I would be very interested (and surprised) if this “rootkit Trojan” got past either of these security programs!!! (:KWL)

There are several entries with “sony” in the CBOClean defenition list.

1. SONYCODESUP
  2. SONYROOTARIES
  3. SONYROOTDRM
  4. SONYROOTDROP
  5. SONYROOTKIT2
  6. SONYROOTKIT3
  7. SONYROOTKIT4
  8. SONYROOTKIT5
  9. SONYROOTKIT9X
  10. SONYROOTKITXP
  11. SONYROOTUPG
  12. SONYXCP

It could be SONYROOTKITXP or maybe SONYXCP… but you never know with all the different names from all the vendors :-\ Maybe one of the Comodo guys can help us with this ???

Greetz, Red

I didn’t have BOClean installed at the time and still don’t. it seemed to cause some internet connectivity problems for me. Incidentally it was a item in the Registry… I removed it at any rate…