Rising Antivirus Free

I dont use a command line for Sandboxie. If you right click on your taskbar icon and select delete contents. Also you can put a desktop shortcut to Sandboxie Control so that way there you dont have to right click on your taskbar. You can also go into your Sandboxie Control and click Sandboxie settings. Then click the delete tab and check off delete contents automatically. Or better yet open up CCleaner and click the options tab. Then click include and point it to the directory C:\Sandbox\Your Name. Then go back to the main Window of CCleaner and click the Cleaner tab and scroll down to the advanced section and check off custom files and folders.

Thx Vettetech this actually help me alot.

Josh

Hi Vette, if there is a bug in Rising they’ve got quite a decent support staff & caught viruses get uploaded to them anyhow, with the frequency that they update their defs & the main program itself they’ll fix that bug soon enough I’m sure, it’s a matter of very little time for them…
Xman (:KWL)

Hi Vette,
Thanks for the advice on 2 hour setting. I set it to once a cycle 2 hours and this morning, the virus def was the same as yesterday. Tried a manual update and it went from 52 to 62, any advice? This is what turned me off the first time, always seemed to be behind in update. Is it because it is the free version that it doesn’t call home as often.

Thanks
Rich

Xman, have you tried twister?

Hi Suerichpa, in a worst case scenario, register yourself at Rising support & submit a ticket with your concerns they are quite quick with support & will offer assistance via email to you concerning this matter, a manual update is really a matter of seconds anyhow so in the meantime you could use that method, note the difference in your local time compared to the update time, there is a differential, I’m in Montreal, Canada & I’ve set my automatic update to once daily at 6:00 PM, there is a time differential, but the update is delivered at that precise time without fail, go figure…
Xman 8)

Hi Kyle, no I haven’t although I’ve been to their Website & checked it out, seems quite decent also although at the
moment I prefer Rising & want to give it a run for awhile until CAV3 final is released bug free & proven…

Thanks for the heads up anyhow dude
Xman (:KWL) :■■■■

Look in your Comodo logs for something being block by D+. There are tons of programs that Rising uses to make updates work. I had about 9 entries in my D+ about Rising. 2 of them I made updaters. Set Rising to update at a certain time. Like 2 minutes from now and when it launches you will probably see a D+ alert. Allow it and you should be all set. Then switch it back to every 2 hours.

Just for the clarification; Not one Software on Earth is “Bug-Free” All Software will have bugs in one way or another, Major or Minor, Critical or Not, etc.

However… I do get the picture of what you mean.

Josh

Hi Vette, you’re correct on the update issue, I gave all the proper permission to Rising for this and that’s why my updates are delivered on time, I figured Suerichpa could query on all the same with Rising support especially concerning the time differential issue, it’ll be interesting to see what they come back with & Josh true enough no program is perfect man, but Comodos’ Firewall is ■■■■ near! Live long & prosper…

Xman (:KWL) (:CLP)

Not everyone is going to notice bugs. Heck CFP 3 I see no problems with… But there are bugs

Josh

Which way did you set it up? CCleaner way? I only Sandbox when needed. Right click on Firefox and run Sandboxed. If you want to try out something, like some new program simply right click on it and run it under an Sandbox. If you don’t like the program simply empty the Sandbox and the program will not be there cause it never actually got installed.

I have a Sanboxie thread if you want to move these replies to there since they are !ot!

Hi Vette
Did what you said and everything launched okay. I’ll set back to once a cycle and two hours. Also thought I might try to write an Autoit Script that launches smartup at intervals if the scheduler doesn’t woirk. I did get no warning from Comodo today, I guess I set everything okay yesterday. I’ll let you know if 2 hours is working.

Thanks again
Rich

I’m over the off topic stuff.

Another Mod can do it lol.

Anyway we should really be on topic guys… please…

Josh

ah, I was thought you have something automated (from command line), but thanks anyway

Hey,
I’m a bit pressed for time but nevertheless wanted to give a quick update of my experience so far:

• internet speed seems slower than with both avast or avira
  • if I switch off any component of auto-protection it will be switched back on with the next update
  • otherwise it still seems to do a decent job, thumbs up
    Cheers
    grampa

Well, I’ve given it a go… I’ve used Avira-free in the past, great program - annoying popup. I’ve used Avast - great program though I find it slows things a little compared to avira. Used AVG (before recent update) and it was OK, but just a bit (um?) boring?! So had basically settled on Avast - like it a lot, has been trouble free.

But… I like fiddling… Now installed Rising. For me it works faster than avast. Surfing is where I notice the most difference. Liking it so far.

If I get bored again, I may add threatfire into the mix… just to add some overkill…

btw: donno why I bother really. i’ve not had a virus in the last 15/20(?) years… not since Dr Soloman found one on a floppy disk I popped into my Amstrad 1640 (a copy of Leisure Suit Larry in the land of the lounge lizards…) :slight_smile:

Avira free doesnt have spyware protection and either does AVG. Avast has full spyware protection and a web shield. That is why it may slow down browsing but it never did for me. Rising doesn’t have a web shield either which is why your surfing speed is faster. I use NOD32 and with my web shield on high and in active mode I get no slow downs.

I wonder why the paid version has an antispyware folder. Does it mean free Rising doesn’t detect spyware ? Can anyone test ? ^^