Rising Antivirus Free

Hi Kyle, any updates on performance of RAV or incidents causing second thoughts on usage or is it still status quo in satisfaction, feel free to share, I’m still running it and satisfied to date.

Xman :-TU (:KWL)

I’m not using it anymore, I like the program it seems well built. I’m just holding off untill CAVS3, also I have 1 problem to mention, When I do an on demand with CPF3, It usually gets stuck on C:/Rising.ini
I’ve cleared the registry of rising and used search feature in windows, re-installed CPF3 but nothing seems to work. Any idea’s? Maybe the uninstall of rising didn’t perform well, do you think installing then uninstalling rising may fix this?

No reason to use Comodo’s scanner. I never do.

Hi Kyle, what doesn’t work Rising or CPF? If it’s Rising you must’ve missed something in the registry, use either
CCleaner or Glary Utilities & scan your registry for missed leftovers also clear all Rising permissions given on install out of CPF, aferwards reboot, let me know if everything’s cool thereafter.

Rgds
Xman (:KWL) ;D

Rising AV is OK But I am waiting for more reviews of it…

!ot!

This is about “Rising Antivirus Free” Not DriveSentry.

Thanks. :P0l

Well I split the posts into the Drive Thread. (:m*)

I’m using Rising and Comodo at work. No problems here. I’m on XP home SP2 though. At my pc at home(xp pro SP2) I only had one issue and is that one day the realtime scanning went off and I couln’t turn it back on till I restarted but it only happened once. I’m very happy with this AV I’m thinking about recomending it to my supervisor for the server because it’s cheap. And my boss is cheap so can’t spend on expensive AV.

Hi Jeims, use the term inexpensive or cost efficient with your Boss when you’ll try to convince him of Rising AVs
worthiness, I think you’d agree with me that word cheap is not quite descriptive of this AVs capabilities, it’ll go over better with your boss I believe…

Cheers
Xman (:WIN) (:KWL)

You’re right hehe. I was just looking for an AV for that nude windows 2003 small business. It doesn’t have any. And it’s dangerous. Usually Avs for servers are very expensive. But this one might be the answer ^^

Update. Just did a test. And Rising detects adware as well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Well more and more AV’s are providing Spyware/Adware sigs in there database which is a good sign…

Cheers,
Josh

Yo guys, Rising AV caught a script virus off the net before it could execute, kudos power to Rising on this instance.
Anybody else try this AV and are there any opinions from new users towards its’ efficiency while we all await CAV3 release? I’d like to share views whether positive or negative on this AV in the meantime.
Xman

Regards all
(:KWL)

!ot! Firefox No Script can also handle this. I don’t want to try Rising again…

Cheers,
Josh

+1 Josh. Rising is good but 170MB folder is not needed. My NOD32 is only 22MB. Also why have a Lion’s head for a desktop icon and an umbrella for a task bar icon. Never have I ever seen this.

I tested Rising one time, and i won’t test anymore, hahaha. Sorry, but seems i amb the only one i didn’t like taht AV. Not for me. I think AVAST or AVIRA free versions are better than Rising. Maybe in the future…
Well, now i’m moving to Ubuntu ;D. Now i’ve got two PC’s, one with XP and another with Ubuntu.
Get free flavour!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi guys, with all respect to Vette , Josh & Rafel who have actually downloaded & tried this AV my previous post was directed towards the other 3,000 + members who checked out this thread while awaiting CAV3 to see if others (Jeims excluded also) gave Rising AV a try & what were their opinions concerning its’ performance…

Rgds
Xman (:KWL)

Well here we go

pro : it’s free and scans for malware, nice interface
cons : heavy on recourse, bad update(always reinstalling), to weak protection, bad rootkit detection

overall : it’s free and could become better in the future, but in the meantime go with AVG/antivir/avast

Xan

I agree

OMG. I forgot to point that out also. Why in the world do updates come like installs. My NOD32 just sits there and updates in the back round and never bothers me.