Restricting user access to the firewall

Hi,

I wonder how can user access to the firewall can be restricted , thus preventing the user from changing the security level, unblocking applications that has been blocked by the administrator.

Any thoughts on this is most welcome…

cheers…

./netcat

Maybe try to run the the computer primarily under a limited user (I am not sure if this will work)?? it works with my anti virus and some other programs.

If you do not know how to create a limited user account in windows, Google should yield some results or I can post instructions if requested to do so.

I don’t believe there is a password protection setting in the Comodo Firewall??

I believe this will be added in version 3.

ewen :slight_smile:

Hi,
guy’s that reply was quick … thanks for the info…

./netcat

It would be a great thing to see a password added. As it stands, anyone who might be at my PC can change or interrupt the firewall if I am say, cooking dinner or something like that. A very handy thing for those of us with children or others we may not want tp be messing around and going to sites unknown. (:TNG)
A little off the topic, maybe some kind of web site restricter, like a parental gaurd or something would be the bomb. :BNC
I know we all want alot, especially when its free, but isn’t that usually how it goes. Peeps kinda wierd like that (:KWL) But dont get me wrong, (S) and I cant wait to be able to start helping a little more with your beta’s and what not when I have my own PC. :THNK