Restore problem - code 64

Hi,

I am using the latest Comodo Backup 3 (3.0.164.972.96). I used a File backup to back up my entire H: drive into a .CBU.

I’ve chosen to restore a selection of files and selected my desktop as the restore location. On restoring, the app gives error code 64 - file in use. It says “C:\users\tom\Desktop\h:\test.txt is in use” and then “recover process failed with code 64”.

The destination is just my desktop - clearly it’s not in use, but I’ve tried other locations too.

However, note the file path it’s trying to restore to - it’s embedded “H:” in it. Clearly that’s a no-go since Windows paths can’t have the : character in them.

Is that the cause? How can I remove the H: from the restore path? It seems that wherever I choose to restore to, the H: is added automatically.

Thanks all!

• Tom

Hi

Does the same error occur when trying to the “test.txt” file to default location?

Thanks

No, because it then just restores it as H:\test.txt - as in, it puts it on the ‘H’ drive.
The problem only occurs because I need to restore a bunch of files to a different location. (My current ‘H’ drive doesn’t have enough space).

Thanks for the response.

• Tom

Thank you for reporting this problem.
We were able to reproduce it and it will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks

Thanks for the fast response. It speaks volumes for your business.
Any word on how long it will take to get the new release out?
Just need to understand if I need to seek alternative arrangements for backup in the medium term.

Thanks

• Tom

It could be a few weeks.
It depends on the number of bugs reported and how quickly they can be fixed.

Thanks