"Reset Sandbox" should kill any application regardless of restriction [M1174]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently, you cannot kill sandboxed applications through “Reset Sandbox” task, except for “Fully Virtualized” applications.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
“Reset Sandbox” should kill any application regardless of restriction level.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
The current behavior is unfavorable for the novice user.
Killing (unwanted) auto-sandboxed applications will be easier while not involving manual termination of processes.

4. Any other information:
None.

I agree with you that this button doesn’t do what many users would expect it to do. I also agree that the best possible behavior would be for it to also kill any applications. However, submitting this as an issue asking for it to kill all applications would really be more of a wish, which would have to go through the voting process. However, I can still submit this directly (as a bug) if you are okay with noting that because of the wording it should either kill any sandboxed regardless of behavior (which is what the wording suggests would happen) or that the wording should be changed. I think it’s important to note that changing the wording would also technically fix this discrepancy.

However, doing so may mean that eventually they just change the wording, and do not set it to kill all sandboxed processes. How would you like to proceed?

Thank you.

Thanks, Chiron. I think a wish might be good enough since users should vote on this functionality.

I understand. I’ve now added a poll. Does the wording seem correct, or would you like to make some changes?

Thanks.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.