Rescue Disk creation for windows 10

I am trying to create a rescue disk from the Comodo Backup software on my windows 10. But it shows a message to "Downoad and install windows Automated Installation Kit. When I click on download button in the application, it goes to the windows 7 download page. From where can I get the Windows 10 AIK for using with Comdo to create a Rescue disk ?
Kindly help :frowning:

As far as I know, there is no Rescue Disk installation package for Windows 10. The home page Rescue Disk for Windows | Comodo Free Rescue Disk Software for the product does not show Windows 10 as being supported.

Ok, then what do I do in Windows 10? When I try to create a comodo rescue disk in my windows 10 system, it ask to download and install the windows AIK. How do I restore the system from the backup without the rescue disk?

Until Comodo provides an update and support for Windows 10, the Rescue Disk may not be compatible.

You may want to seek an alternate software solution at the present time for backup services.

As far as I can tell, being able to restore your system is NOT a feature of the Comodo Rescue Disk. To quote from Comodo Help “Comodo Rescue Disk (CRD) is a bootable disk image that allows users to run virus scans in a pre-boot environment (before Windows loads). CRD runs Comodo Cleaning Essentials on a lightweight distribution of the Linux operating system. It is a powerful virus, spyware, rootkit scanner and cleaner which works in both GUI and text mode.” So not what one would normally call a “rescue disc”.

To restore your system you would have to re-install Windows, then install Comodo, then do a restore (although a full c: restore would obviously be overwriting files that were in use).

Alternatively you can use the Windows 10 inbuilt facilities to create an system image and a restore disc. This is accessed from from Control Panel/System and Security/Backup and Restore (Windows 7) - and yes, it really does say “Windows 7”! I suppose you could then use Comodo to restore differences from the image but quite how you would work that out is an interesting question.

I think the confusion comes from the Comodo Backup option to create a rescue disc.

That could be interpreted to either create a rescue disc to scan for malware or to create a rescue disc to boot and restore a system, since it is linked from the Backup program.

I always thought it was the same thing as the Rescue Disc to scan for malware.