Renewed CIS subscription, but Windows Security won't detect it.

So the time to renew the subscription was getting close, and like last year Windows 10’s Security started showing me “your Comodo Antivirus subscription will expire in X days” nags. Two days ago auto-payment finally processed and I renewed, but Security is still showing me the same warning, if without the taskbar notices. Rebooting and turning Antivirus off and on again in the tray icon menu did nothing. What should I do?

(I haven’t had any recent infections, it’s likelier that Windows 10 is glitching in some way. Definitely wouldn’t be the first time.)

Hello CinderBH,

To turn off notifications from Windows Defender:

That doesn’t really solve the issue. Also I have the Home version, I can’t do that.

If you have purchased a license, Comodo support through Geekbuddy is available to help you

I have just renewed my CIS Pro license by purchasing a new license.
I think this is the easiest way to do it, and you’re still in control of the situation compared to the automatic renewal.

All you have to do is enter the new license key that you received by e-mail and you’re good to go for another 365 days.

So you’re saying Security isn’t recognizing the renewal because I’m still using the same license key since I renewed the first time after getting this PC? Hmm.

Would’ve been worth a try if I hadn’t already paid for the renewal…

I had planned to renew but my credit card had expired. I couldn’t get out of the situation with the help of the support.

So I decided to buy a new license. And it was so easy that I will do it this way from now on.

I wonder if it wouldn’t be possible to get a replacement license key for my current subscription…

If you don’t want to use Geek Buddy, you can Register and submit a Support Ticket for the issue and ask for a new License Number: https://support.comodo.com/

I used to go that route with any License or Account problems in the past

You could contact this email address subscriptions@comodo.com and submit your problem.

Hi CinderBH,

Thank you for reporting, we will check with the related team and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Oh, thank you very much. I also sent an e-mail to the support address above, just in case.

If it is just Windows security center giving the warning and CIS does not, then you can ignore it, or you can try to do a clean re-install of CIS. I honesty would not worry what Windows security center says.

I don’t mean to nag, but is that still being worked on? Or should I just request a substitute license key to the appropriate support e-mail?