Remove Lucky You button from the main gui

1. What actually happened or you saw:

The “Lucky You” button on main ccav gui is not good.

1. What you wanted to happen or see:

I would like to have an option to remove the “Lucky You” button from the ccav main gui and be possible to access this feature by some option inside ccav configurations.

1. Why you think it is desirable:

I like ccav interface simple and clean. These buttons on the main gui make ccav main gui full of items that we (I) dont want.

1. Any other information, screenshots etc:

Nothing yet.

Lucky you button will show you all the day zero malware we found for you…

its called lucky you, because you are lucky using comodo as no other antivirus was detecting these day zero malware!

I know that but the button is freaking annoying on the main gui. Thats why I made this wish request. If possible, I would like to have the option to remove this button from main gui and, if needed, access this option from somewhere else. Just like the option we have for the upgrade button…

tell me what aspect of this button you don’t like please. (so that we understand the issues for future designs). thanks.

What aspect have you found annoying?
I personally don’t have any problems with this button. It does not interfere with any part of the GUI of CCAV.
Comodo wants the user to know that its protection is superior among others (because of advanced detection techniques of unknown malware used by valkyrie) so most likely they will keep this button.
The main UI is not a thing you will be staring at all time while working with Windows, so personally I don’t see the problem here…

The idea of existing the button itself. Thats the uggly thing, atleast for me.

The same as the “Game mode” button. main gui have an entire horizontal frame just for 2 buttons, game mode and upgrade. When we hyde the upgrade button we end with an entire frame with just one item, the game mode. Thas ugly. Astheticaly speaking its ugly and has no porpose.

Remove game mode button and add some kind of game mode indicator inside the green big box. when clicking there the box becomes blue and activate game mode. when the user mark to hyd upgrade button then the entire frame used for these 2 buttons will be removed from the main gui.

Remove the lucky freaking button and add some kind of indicator next to the valkyrie logo… see attached picture…

https://s32.postimg.org/8uebrqivp/uglyccav.png

I have to agree with vitim about the “Lucky You” button. Personally, I find it a bit gimmicky. I haven’t got a problem with showing off Valkyrie’s statistics but feel this is better placed elsewhere. I have attached my take of CCAV’s GUI along with the original. Please accept this as constructive feedback as the Comodo developers and graphic designers do an amazing job (something I couldn’t do).

:slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I personally have never put much emphasis on GUI or aesthetics, as long as a program is usable.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :wink:

I agree. Functionality over aesthetics but I find the “Lucky You” button odd. A similiar feature appeared in Comodo Battery Saver.

:slight_smile:

Wheres Melih?

Please, Melih, take a look at the mockups we posted. Consider some changes to the main gui… for the best and for all!!!

i am here :slight_smile: I asked the product team to take a look…can’t promise anything though…because these are simply subjective views.

Thanks.

Just this “I asked the product team to take a look” already is a great thing.

we always listen to our users :slight_smile: Its a well known fact.

well, sometimes you dont but its part of the game… about the request, even if devs decide to ignore, what are feelings about the proposed changes?

We always listen to all the feedback.
Then we take all that feedback and make decision about how/if to implement these or not.

We are always listening.

Good.

Ill wait for some words about this wish request… Even if devs decide to not implement any of these changes, dont forget to come here and let me know the veredict.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

CCAV now just shows a icon for lucky you moving this to added section