Remove ip blocking

Just now started using this COMODO. mistakenly i have gave the command to BLOCK one of the IP address and now i am not able to browse that particular website. How do i remove the blocking and make the website working. Please help me in clearing this problem

Hi Kalpana, welcome to the forums.

It depends on how you created the block. If it was, manually in either the Application or Network Monitor, then you need to goto the Monitor & “Remove” it. If it was an “unremembered” block, then a reboot will resolve it. If an “Remembered” block against an Application or Component (these wouldn’t be against a single IP/web site, but the whole application or component), then you need to find the block in either the Application Monitor or Component Monitor & “Remove” it. Note: In the Component Monitor you must “Apply” changes.

Hope that helps.

PS (edit) Check CFPs Log (Activity tab) to see what is actually being blocked & by which CFP component.

I was just browing websites in multiple browsers, and for each website url the COMODO was asking for ALLOW/DENY and for one of the website i gave DENY. just mistakenly. I am able to see this under LOGS of activity. nowhere else. what could be done?

[s]CFP doesn’t prompt for Allow/Deny actions on individual websites or IP numbers, but the whole application and/or its associated (loaded DLLs, OCXs, etc…) or the parent/child process relationships between applications & components.

What is the application cannot access the website in question?[/s]

Strike that… what’s your Alert Level Frequency (Security - Advanced - Miscellaneous) set to?

The alert frequency level is set to LOW. And ofcourse CFP alerts for every website that i browse

In that case… un-strike… ;D

CFP doesn’t prompt for Allow/Deny actions on individual websites or IP numbers, but the whole application and/or its associated (loaded DLLs, OCXs, etc…) or the parent/child process relationships between applications & components.

What is the application that cannot access the website in question?

no no i should strike it. i updated what i experienced. if i browsed yahoo then it prompts for ALLOW or DENY and when i browse GOOGLE then also it prompts for ALLOW or DENY even when i use the same browser or when i use different browsers.

But thanks a lot. My problem is solved. Today i returned from office and started browsing, it works. Great

OK, but it was probably because each those sites (Google & Yahoo) either have their own or use a special component that other sites don’t. Google bar? Yahoo has a similar type of thing & an IM. Then there is also using non-HTTP protocols. That’s probably why these sites displayed alerts. But, because the IP is different? No, sorry.