Removal of Malware

Recently CIS v8 detected an unknown virus called some syrian malware.exe on my system when i visited some music downloading website recently , CIS V8 successfully cleaned the malware but after i rebooted my machine and scanned it with CCE once again it showed MBR infection and MBR modified and once again asked me to clean it which i did , so my question is that has that unknown virus and all of it’s traces or remainants has been cleaned successfully or still there are some dropped traces or remainants of that malware in my system, help me please it’s very urgent

When rerunning does CCE show any signs of infection left?

I addition run the following scanners to further check:
TDSS killer
Malwarebytes Antimalware
Super Antispyware
Hitman Pro

yaa mr. ericjh actually first of all CIS v8 cleaned the infection and then i run a scan with CCE because my machine ( windows 10 ( 32 bit)) was running a bit slow and also internet connection got slower but after CCE cleaned the MBR infection it started working normally and that’s why i am bit doubtful that whatever threats or malwares are detected by the traditional antivirus engine of CIS , are they and all of their traces and remainants are completely removed by CIS from registry and various important locations of the hard disks and the windows operating systems where various threats and malwares and viruses are used to keep their traces and remainants in the system ?? moreover Kaspersky TDSS killer, MBAM etc. failed to detect and clean the MBR infection and only CCE was able to detect and remove it and save my Windows 10 system , so hope Comodo makes the traditional antivirus engine of Comodo in CIS future versions as powerful and strong as the great CCE in terms of detection and removal of threats and malwares so there will be no need for any third party malware removal tools

CCE is stronger in removal than the AV in CIS. It’s how things are built. I don’t expect that to change (any time soon). :-\

it's traces or remainants has been cleaned successfully or still there are some dropped traces or remainants of that malware in my system
if theres some dropped traces, I wouldnt worry about it although I would recommend, but not required is to double check your mbr is perfect http://www.thewindowsclub.com/repair-master-boot-record-mbr-windows

I would also reset the DNS resolver cache

Hold down the Windows key and press “R” to bring up the Run dialog box.
Type “ipconfig /flushdns” then press “Enter“.

other than that, I think your good to go :slight_smile:

thanks a lot mr. jay tech for your very useful replies but hope that the traditional antivirus engine of CIS will be more powerful in terms of proper and complete removal of threats and malwares in the upcoming CIS v9

Did you get infected while using CIS? or you got infected and then you installed CIS?

I am asking this because CIS is very powerful prevention tool. You are right CIS AV is not hot. It only brings the usability next to containment.