Release Date of next version of CIS V6? Speculations and lamentations

CIS 5.xx´s GUI was like windows xp = plenty of people liked it.

CIS 6.xx´s GUI´s was like vista = plenty of people hated it

With this logic plenty of people are (hopefully) going to like CIS 7.xx´s GUI like windows 7. ;D

Yep who knows. I personally like the v6 interface, although I miss the usability of v5, some feature like summary screen will return in coming updates. Right now the best thing to do is to wait, who knows what comodo is cooking for us. IMO only good things will come in near futures. :■■■■

Regards RealNature,

Hi killer89,
I expect to see some GUI improvements before V7.
I myself still say the GUI has greater potential than previous versions.

While many would like to see some functionality improvements to the GUI myself included, it is not necessarily hated by all that want to see improvements.

Unhappiness will always be heard more than happiness. :wink:

I love CIS 6 GUI… Don’t you dare changing it Comodo LOL! ;D

I don’t think Comodo will tell us before the release comes. When it comes it comes.

Perhaps the developers are in a wicked mood and will be issuing updates annually instead of monthly LOL.!!! >:-D

you are right :cry: :P0l i think they have skipped two months update. >:-D

May be they have had too many easter eggs, like me, I had 3 :wink:

what happens, it changes who comes around, if interface I do not know, but there will be changes in CIS 6.

LOL! I had none :slight_smile: Lucky for some :slight_smile: I almost forgot how the chocolate taste like :slight_smile: Need to buy only dark bitter taste one soon… :slight_smile:

Currently i´m using version 5.12.256249.2599. I´ve been checking for updates for several months, to no avail. Wasn´t there a new version supposed to be released? :-\

Version 6 has been released, but it hasn’t been pushed to the internal updater in version 5 yet.

There will likely be a new build of version 6 released later this month, maybe with this release will be pushed to the internal updater.

That´s great. Do you have a link to the 32bit Version?

Edit: ok, found it! Thanks!

By the way, can we install the 6 version over the old one?
Or should we deinstall it first? If possible, i would like to keep
my old settings.

I strongly recommend uninstalling version 5 and installing version 6 from scratch to avoid any issues.

Yes you can if you want to keep your old settings, but do not try importing a configuration into CIS V6 as it is likely to fail.

If you do a over the top install, just go to configurations after CIS V6 is finished installing and activated your 5.12 configuration

Abr. I merged your topic with an existing one.

We should have a website dedicated to having a counter of how long ago CIS was updated. =3

Neee, the best thing is to have a countdown till next release ;D :o

According to egemen it may be there by April 18:

And as I stated before, Thursday’s is usually a good day for a release of CIS…8)

A week! I Can’t wait a week!

Nah I’m kidding, I can be very patient. :stuck_out_tongue: