Re: We now have a more "sought after" brand than Verisign! :-)

Sir,

Please allow me to interject…

First and foremost, please let me suggest that you start at the very beginning of this thread - and read it all the way through to the very end.

Additionally, please let me add my most humble of suggestions, that you read through some of the other threads - especially the support threads - here on this site.

I suspect very highly that you will rapidly be convinced of two things:

1. By and large, the Comodo group - and that includes people all the way from Melih himself, down to the lowliest of nugget users like me - is a positive and constructive group.

b Positive:[/b]
Understanding that - despite all our best efforts, our best intentions, and our cleverest play - sometimes life plays marked cards from the bottom of the deck, and things don’t work out the way you planned.

And sometimes, despite Comodo’s best intentions, their products don’t work out as well as they planned. These groups provide a way for people like ME the low-life user that no other company bothers to listen to - to actually provide input and opinion into the development process. We have the opportunity to help guide them down the path of righteousness. We can influence development decisions - directly - by interacting with the company at the highest levels of management.

And yes, I appreciate that. I pray on my bended knees that - one day - a certain company in Washington State might adopt a similarly open and frank attitude. However, I’m not holding my breath waiting!

b Constructive:[/b]
We are priveliged to provide (hopefully) valuable feedback to the people who are most directly involved in the production of these products.

As I said in an earlier posting - we can provide feedback, but we have to be prepared for the fact that - for whatever reason - Comodo may decide to do things differently. And that’s OK. After all, it is their product, their development dollars, their time, money and effort that goes into making this product happen.

If I, or others, see somethign we don’t like, we try to tell them what we don’t like - and more importantly, WHY it raised our ire. This way they can more closely tailor their products to the wants and needs of their customer group.

However, this does not mean that we should degenerate into name-calling. It is important, especially from the “criticism” point-of-view, to keep it at a high, and professional level.

Oh - and by the way - this particular failing is one we’ve all been guilty of at one point or another - in my case, most recently, I really got cranked in a support forum - totally un-called for, and I made a point of apologizing to the group afterwords.

1. What you will see here - with regard to this particular issue - is a pattern of not just “negative posts” (i. e. You did this a certain way, and I don’t like it…), but rather a pattern of out-and-out libelous behavior, designed to smear Comodo as a company.

I get annoyed, (yes, I’m human too), when I hear someone get totally wigged-out against Microsoft for some inaine reason.

I get annoyed when someone lashes out at Linux, or Open Source, without a factual basis.

I don’t like people just slamming Apple - just because they think Steve Jobs is a two-faced such-and-so, blankity-blank… Or they don’t think computers should be “purple”.

And - to be perfectly honest with you, as well as everyone else on the group - I think Comodo has an interesting - even intriguing - business paradigm here.

Will it work? Is Melih crazy as a loon? (or maybe “crazy like a fox”?), I sure don’t know. Quoting a famous English statesman (I don’t remember his name - he was a contemporary of Gladstone) “We can only decide by forecast what future generations will securely judge from experience…”.

And that’s my entire point. Comodo has the right to do what they think is best. I may not agree, but that does not give me the right to say that certain people may have “ESL” issues.

I even went so far as to agree with Lusher’s base idea - the mere fact of giving away free software does not necessarily equate to “brand awareness” in their target market - server security.

I brought this idea forward, expanded it with relevant examples, and placed it at Melih’s feet for consideration. I sincerely think that - this particular point - is valuable and has merit, and I hope that Comodo gives it the careful cosideration it’s due.

Maybe they do something.

Maybe they don’t.

Tough nuggies.

I won’t jump on Melih’s case and tell him his mother fell out of the ugly tree, and hit every branch on the way down… ;D or that in a battle of wits, his father was completely defenseless… ;D just because they didn’t do what I wanted them to do INSTANTLY, or didn’t fall all over themselves kissing my feet for telling them.

He has an inalienable right to a differnet opinion, and since it’s his company - he makes the rules.

In essence: My issue here - as I suspect is true for many of the users here - is not the suggestions or ideas that Lusher may have - but his manner of presentation. Are his ideas and opinions welcome here - absolutely! Do we expect him to act as a rational adult and make his suggestions in a reasonably high professional manner - absolutely!

And these limits are no more, and no less, than I would expect of myself, you, Melih, Panic, or anyone else on these fora.

What say ye?

Jim

Since users here actually care enough to respond to you LUSHER, shows that we are not the type of people you seem to think we are.

When someone posts information about an exploit with the Comodo firewall, the mods and administrators don’t kick them unless it is NOT linked to trusted security services such as “www.securityfocus.com”. I actually got kicked from a vendors forums for posting a link to an article describing a security vulnerability with their firewall that was at security focus…

Personally i am grateful this forum does not follow the “if you can’t see it, it is not there” attitude.

Actually, ignore that. Watching this discussion is much more amusing. :smiley:

I give up. I love how this whole thing is apperently my fault, when the so called CEO is the one who was involved in the escalation. This thread was finished already in my mind but I log on, check and I’m amazed to see a dozen replies to posts made in multiple threads (even some not so recent) and all of them by Melih and the tone in each is clearly unfriendly to say the least. Stalking anyone?

Without knowing this you will not able to understand the context of this thread.

What am I to think? Clearly the so called CEO went on full scale attack, belitting every single one of my posts in every single recent thread I posted, pretty much stalking me. If you don’t believe me just check the replies made by Melih to me in a short span of time.

And now he has the cheek to pretend he is joking? if anything my responses have being civil considering the way he is acting. And this paranonia about me being a spy, come on…

Whatever mate, go have a ■■■■ and relax. :■■■■

Suddenly, he realized that you were trashing Comodo everywhere. His company.