Re: We now have a more "sought after" brand than Verisign! :-)

Lusher

Assumption is mother of all F***ups!
So I don’t assume… however you seem to be rather good at that!
The details you claim that you know are not reflected in the way you are coming accross. Again, you are making wild claims like:

“So if I say “it would be great to have X” you would say okay put it on the wish list. Though I suspect it just something you say, but don’t seriously consider.”

Why are you making this assumption?
This is pure insult to our community and developers who continually work from that wishlist and version after version add the wishes into the actual product.

So why are you making this Assumption? Again based on what flawed data?

You can’t keep making these type of assumptions and expect a good response Lusher!

Assumptions you made so far:

1)You claimed that we planned to do Adware
2)You claimed that we don’t seriously consider our wishlists

What are you playing at Lusher? What is your Motive? What are you trying to achieve by making these assumption and putting in our forums?

thanks

Melih

Lusher

in this post you admit that you don’t use Comodo products
https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,4716.msg35760.html#msg35760
“Me , I prefer to keep my personal software firewall simple so I don’t use Comodo”

yet you claim that we get offended when you make a critism of our product. I have gone thru all your posts and I can’t find any critisim of our products or its features. Perhaps that is because you don’t use them (LOL). The only thing I find in your posts are simple, offensive and flawed assumptions and totally negative attitude against Comodo.

well…

1. You don’t use Comodo products
  2. You haven’t suggested how we can improve our products
  3. You have been stalking specific posts and posting negative posts
  4. You have been less than “nice boy” in your dealings with other members of the forum

now then… you are either

a) A guy who desperately needs a date and taking all his frustration out of us at Comodo :slight_smile: (LOL)
or
b) A techie wannabie who is just jelous of all the good stuff we have :slight_smile: ( LOL)
last but not least
c) You work for a competitor and who is here to disrupt the forums no matter what…

The choice is yours! :slight_smile:

(Lusher, i hope you don’t mind the Joke above… just sick of correcting all the wrong assumption you have been making, i had to do something to cheer myself up… hence the above jokes… no disrespect intended)

cheers

Melih

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,4716.msg35760.html#msg35760 [i]"Me , I prefer to keep my personal software firewall simple so I don't use Comodo"[/i]

There you go again assuming and taking my posts out of context. I personally don’t use comodo on my personal machines yes (cos I use other HIPS which takes the place of the bulky comodo firewall), but I help to set up, and “use” them on other machines of my friends, family etc. They call me , ask me questions, I’m very familiar with your firewall, trust me…

yet you claim that we get offended when you make a critism of our product. I have gone thru all your posts and I can't find any critisim of our products or its features. Perhaps that is because you don't use them (LOL).

Now who’s assuming? lol. I have no interest in your firewall to be honest, what i’m critising is your other beta offerings, but it seems you think even your beta stuff is perfect…

Btw I’m amazed at the way you are acting, but then again, I guess I shouldn’t be suprirsed anymore.

[quote author=Melih link=topic=3310.msg57905#msg57905 date=1176681172]
The issue is not whether what you write is understood or not… the problem is what you write!!!

1)Can you pls show me where we “advertise” in launch pad?

In your own words "Each one of these products have a Launchpad screen. This screen
merely tells you what other free products you have available to you. It
does NOT install or download for you. " Also I remember it would give information (unwanted) about other comodo products that one did not install.

So yes you advertise about your own products. So what if it does not install or downlaod for you, advertising does not involve action, just display. So if i software that creates popups, it’s not adware because it does not install or download for you? lol. Amusing indeed.

Another question, if there was nothing objectionable about launchpad at all, why did you bow to pressure and remove it as a compulsory module?

2)Can you pls point us in a direction (a credible website will suffice) where Adware is defined in a similar manner to what Launchpad does. (eg: A company providing a tool for easy installation of all its products).?

Opera (the free version with ads) is recognised as adware, and no it does not download and install software either. If you need a source for that, I give up… I can only educate you so far…

Here is a definition I got from the web: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/adware and in no way does this state or imply anything close to what Launchpad was.

LOL.

You admitted that you used the older meaning of the word Adware (whatever you make that up to be and still look forward to some credible resource that you can point us to)

Wikipedia, look up adware etc. Honestly, if you are too young to remember that time…

3)Didn't you think, when you made the allegation about adware that the majority will read it as adware defined as of now?

Sigh, as I said in my last answer, For my very first message it does not matter how it is interpreted, the main point is launchpad was one of the ways you could actually send a message (adware in either sense of the word) and you backed down because of the fear…

Lusher, you "did" make an allegation! You can't simply turn back and say, oh yeah, but that word means something else, even though you admit that to majority that word means spyware! Correct me if my English lets me down, but from where i come from we call this "back pedalling" ;-)

See above. And as i keep saying I don’t want to get involved in a debate about definition particularly now I know I’m talking with a guy who is ignorant enough to think that because his software does not download and install anything it can’t be adware lol.

4) So, why do you think, getting and implementing user's input on the product developed for them is backing down?

You must be falling for your own propanganda. lol. Your ultimate goal is not to please users but as pointed out it is to create brand awareness.

By making launchpad irrelvant, you failed in your ultimate goal. Oh sure people are happy alright, but they have no idea what conodo does, so ultimately you failed.

Pedro thinks you have a master plan all mapped out, but judging from this thread, that is extremely unlikely given how confused your thinking is.

Just admin that you made assumptions and you shouldn't have made and apologise!

I admit that I thought you knew what you were talking about, but you are even more ignorant about adware than I thought.

I looked at the wikipedia

Pls tell me how Launchpad advertises to make money since everything it shows is for free? We would love to hear…The problem is not the definition but your lack of evidence of how Launchpad fits into that… You are yet to proove that! we still await your proof which you have failed over and over to provide. No more “back pedalling”… proove or be quite! I would still kindly invite you to apologise for being wrong…you will be respected for that.

Also, how can you create brand awareness unless you please users? Pls tell me… Norman Bates achieved some sort of brand awareness and no he didn’t please people…but thats a bit too much for us…( :SMLR) so we are looking for your ingenious ways to create brand awareness without pleasing users.

The biggest mistake you are making is: You do not get the importance of “User Satisfaction” and how that relates to “Positive Brand Awareness”. You are also confusing the “lead generation” with “Brand Awareness”… By giving free products we create positive brand awareness. We don’t have to then use those very users to sell something to them… thats not the point… What will happen is, merchants will (and is) buy from us, because they want to establish trust with their users. so they will choose a brand that the user’s have a positive experience with, especially in the security field. Your confusion arises, because, you assume that we have to make money from the users who use our products for free. We don’t!

You are being very disrespectful in your language, I would invite you to be more measured and respectful in your language please. Calling names or being disrespectful to others is not tolerated in this forum. Thank you for your understanding.

thanks
Melih

hey Lusher

can you pls give me a link to a post where you have suggested some improvements to our existing products?

re: my reaction to you: I do have this allergy against people making allegation filled with flawed and wrongful statements they can’t back… :slight_smile:

thanks
Melih

Lusher,

First and foremost, my name is “Jim”. I use the handle “jharris1993” as a way of honoring my second wife by using our anniversary year in my handle.

Second, I appreciate your statement that I - possibly - have an open mind.

Third, You started out with a perfectly valid statement - simply giving away freeware doesn’t necessarily promote Comodo as a brand. In that, and in that alone, I am totally in agreement with you. If you go back a page or two, you will notice how I brought your idea forward, provided a couple of examples to give it relevance, and suggested to Melih that Comodo take a good hard look at this stuff.

Lastly: To be quite frank with you - and at risk of loosing your confidence in my “open mind” - I’m getting sick-and-tired of your ranting and raving about Comodo and it’s products.
(:AGY) (:AGY) (:AGY) (:AGY) (:AGY) (:AGY)

I, for one, do NOT worship the ground they work on - in fact, I’ve just finished posting a reply to a thread I started in the free e-mail cert forum where I was perhaps a bit less tactful than I should have been. However, customer service is one of my hot buttons, and when I feel I’m getting the “brush off”, I get a bit hot under the collar.

On the other hand, making the kind of totally disrespectful statemens you made - particularly the wise-[donky] comment about Melih’s command of English - is, as far as I am concerned, totally beneath the pale.

In many ways I do try to keep an open mind. This is absolutely essential in software QA. It is important to understand where the other person is coming from - to see his point-of-view, and (in the words of a famous song), “… before you accuse, criticize or abuse, walk a mile in my shoes.”

These are important steps - so that when you do make a suggestion or critique, you are in a position to make it relevant and understandable to your prospective audience.

When I do have a comment to make, I try to support it with hard, factual, evidence.

This includes, but is not limited to - steps to reproduce, solid citations or references to applicable specifications - such as the Apple Human Interface Documents, or Windows Style Guide, screen-shots, and other factual data in support of my position.

And!

You have to be ready for Comodo to disagree - after all, despite their open user fourms, these are their products! It is THEY who are the ones spending the time, effort, and development dollars to create them. If they listen to me, that’s even better, but they’re not required to.

We - their users - don’t even PAY for the friggin’ stuff!!

And yet, you seem to have taken it upon yourself as the self appointed bearer of the torch, so to speak, to not only ciriticize their products, but to make really low-■■■■ personal attacks on other people in this forum!

Constructive critiques of their products is one thing… Lowering yourself - and others - by below-the-belt personal insults is a horse of an entirely different hue. And this is where you and I part ways.

What I see you’re doing here is not constructive criticsm, but remarks intended to be insulting, inflamatory and derogatory.

I’ve been around stuff like this for years… and I’ve run BBS’s (back when they were popular), and - as a SYSOP - I had the misfortune of having to deal with people like yourself.

After repeated attempts to reform them and to induce them to behave more respectfully toward the group - I had no other choice but to ban them.

Lusher: As a fellow member of this group, I am going to “throw down the gauntlet” - and ask you to stop this ranting, raving, and whining. It’s not helping you, nor is it helping the group.

I, myself, consider these groups a valuable resource - and I darn-sure don’t want to see someone like you mess it up for everyone else.

If you cannot behave respectfully towards myself and others, then please take your ranting elsewhere.

I am going to make a proposal to the group: Agree, or disagree - aye or nay… cast your vote.

Proposal:

1. As this forum - and the other forums here on the Comodo site are a potentially valuable resource for us, the users and prospective users of Comodo’s products.

2. As this forum - along with the others here at Comodo’s site - have rules of engagement, as well as standards of excellence and professionalism that we the people using these forums agree to when we began using them.

3. As these standards specifically prohibit deliberately defamatory or insulting remarks to be made about any other person on these forums.

I Therefore Propose:

That the user, known as “LUSHER” - if he/she is willing to be reformed by charitable teaching, and agrees to conform thereto - be allowed to continue in the use of these groups and be allowed to contribute his opinions, insofar as they agree with the proper use and rules of these forums.

However, failing the above:

If the user, known as “LUSHER” - is NOT willing to be reformed by charitable teaching, and is NOT willing to conform to the decent and orderly use of these forums;

That his access thereto be revoked in order to better preserve the orderly and decent use of these forum by those others among us who wish to use them.

Respectfully submitted,

Jim

Hi everyone

here is the latest stats from Verisign

http://www.google.com/trends?q=comodo,verisign&date=all&geo=all&ctab=2&sa=N

it shows that we continue to increase our brand awareness thanks to you all.

Thank you Everyone.

Melih

Aye from me.

Why let a troll hijack this otherwise fine thread?

One more suggestion: We should put extract LUSHER’s bickering with the rest of the world and put it in its own thread. Not as a censorship, but more as a cleanup effort. After all, LUSHER is way offtopic.

I have expressed my praise on Comodo’s forums in several threads. And I don’t want this forum to degrade like some other forums I’ve visited.

Keep up the quality, be polite, don’t attack anyone, personally or not.

Oh. And don’t feed the troll.

Edit: And apparently LUSHER is also an active troll in this thread:
https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,7015.0.html

This is a “happy” thread, LUSHER please create your own “sad” thread (:TNG) so that we can keep the mood of the threads consistent (-: .

I read this thread, because yes i want to be happy about Comodo products. I am well informed enough and i do point out when Comodo does something wrong (Recent case was to do with cryptography) but that was posted in a relevant thread that was set to that mood.

If you re-worded your posts LUSHER you would not seem so harsh, please consider trying to re-word your posts. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt at the moment, this may be mis-placed so who-knows…

Try to keep posts to their relevant topic and matching mood (-:

PS. I say “Mood” because your posts always seem negative instead of “Constructive” or even “light hearted” whenever you post, although all posts should be “Constructive”.

I believe it’s time to set the record straight with you, Melih. I recall in one of your earlier posts to me where you stated that you appreciate the forthrightness of people’s opinions in this forum whether “Yea” or “Nay.” After reading your reply to Luster, you have taken offense to a Comodo member who has freely expressed his opinion about Comodo’s products and lashed out accordingly, which does not reflect favorably the impression of the company Comodo you represent as CEO and President, and I have expressed my opinion with you on this matter several times.

As I see it, Luster was expressing his opinion about Comodo products which you took offense to. Am I correct in assuming that you would rather hear “all things good” about Comodo products and turn a deaf ear to negative remarks about Comodo products? What benefit does this serve to turn a deaf ear to remarks made against Comodo products that, perhaps, might better Comodo products?

I’ve noticed a pattern with Comodo members, and that is this, the moment a member makes a negative remark against Comodo products, everyone gangs up on the person and belittles and humiliates the person to the point of no return. I say shame on you all! I learned from an early age that constructive criticism is a good thing. Remarks such as, “ban him”, “put him in his own thread” shows just how small is the person’s mentality. Are any of you so without fault that you can cast the first stone? How nice that you talk good of Comodo products in the forums, but what really are you saying outside Comodo Forums about Comodo products? The moment any of you begins to experience problems with Comodo products, the negative remarks begin, as evident in the posts I’ve read on Comodo Forums. So, who’s calling the kettle black?

If this is the progress, equalization, security and communication that Comodo provides, I question their purpose and viability.

Cordially,

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

I trust you’re not inlcuding me in the above. :wink:

I think the root problem is how the points have been made, not necessarily the points themselves. Everyone has their own writing style and quite often, writing does not convey the true intent or emotion behind the comment. Verbal communications are capable of far more subtelty and nuance that the written word.

I agree that it’s not good practice to turn a deaf ear to criticisms, but constructive criticisms are the best kind.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

While I’m not pointing fingers at any one individual, the aforementioned remark does not preclude anyone.

Kevin

hi Kevin

As always, of course we appreicate and invite open and frank discussions in this forum.

I think, you will by now, see that we welcome everyone telling us how we could improve our products. You don’t see us attacking people who tell us where our bugs are nor will you see us getting defensive to anyone expressing their views. I would urge you to read my responses to Lusher to understand that it is not his views, but his inability to backup blatantly false accusations especially after kindly asking numerious times was the issue. So it is obvious that the intent was merely to discredit Comodo.

Kevin, I would also urge you to read my responses so that you realise that Lusher actually has admitted to not using our products himself. Also, I would urge you to look thru his posts to see that he has not made any suggestions, good or bad, about our existing products. This is because he doesn’t use them!

I am saddened to see that, after 56000 posts and over 15000 members who have contributed to this forum good, bad and ugly, you think we attack and get defensive at our own users for telling us the problems with our products. This is so not true and I am sure you will agree to that.

Thank you

Melih

[quote]The only thing I find in your posts are simple, offensive and flawed assumptions and totally negative attitude against Comodo.

A guy who desperately needs a date and taking all his frustration out of us at Comodo

A techie wannabie who is just jelous of all the good stuff we have

You work for a competitor and who is here to disrupt the forums no matter what…

These remarks made by you, in reply to Luster’s remarks, whether said in jest or otherwise, denotes a less than favorable impression of the person you represent yourself as being. What exactly is your role within the company of Comodo, Melih? CEO (Chief Executive Officer), one who oversees the business of a company on a dialy basis. President, the head of a company. Aside from these two titles after your name, what exactly is your role within the Company of Comodo? You’re quite different from other CEO’s and Presidents of companies I know.

Kevin

Kevin

Well, we have a CEO, a handful of moderators, and some angry users, and yet not a single one of them has just thought to ignore the spy rather then to get carpal tunnel trying to convince the spy that he is, in fact, a spy?

Kevin

First of all

1)Did you read all the posts?
2)Do you agree that:
i)Lusher never used our products as per his admission
ii)Never suggested problems or improvements to our existing products
3)Do you agree that I asked him to provide evidence about his statements?

Also, Kevin, pls do not take things out of context and pls copy and paste the full post:

Here is the full post:

[i]now then… you are either

a) A guy who desperately needs a date and taking all his frustration out of us at Comodo (LOL)
or
b) A techie wannabie who is just jelous of all the good stuff we have ( LOL)
last but not least
c) You work for a competitor and who is here to disrupt the forums no matter what…

The choice is yours!

(Lusher, i hope you don’t mind the Joke above… just sick of correcting all the wrong assumption you have been making, i had to do something to cheer myself up… hence the above jokes… no disrespect intended)[/i]

You will see that I made it very clear that it was a joke and why I made the joke.

Kevin, I am sorry I do not fit your “definition” of a CEO. I am who I am, I will always interact with our users, and I will always be frank, open and casual with our users. I will be serious, I will be funny, I will be grateful, I will be angry and sometimes I will be frustrated. I am no different than anyone else and the Melih that our users will see is the Melih in real life!

Thank you for your understanding.

Melih

Kevin

to answer your question of:

[i]What exactly is your role within the company of Comodo, Melih? CEO (Chief Executive Officer), one who oversees the business of a company on a dialy basis. President, the head of a company. Aside from these two titles after your name, what exactly is your role within the Company of Comodo? You're quite different from other CEO's and Presidents of companies I know.[/i]

I am the Founder and CEO/President of Comodo.

More importantly, One grateful techhead! Grateful that we have the ability to make a difference in the world of Security! Grateful that the mission we have is becoming a reality! Grateful that we have users who are kind and generous enough to donate their time to come to these forums to help us improve who we are and what we do so that we can do a better job in accomplishing our mission!

I am merely a kid who loved technology (having built my first electronic circuit at the age of 9), embraced it, identified vulnerabilities and set as his mission to make sure that the human race benefit from these improvements. Yes, I am a dreamer! Yes I am lucky that I was able to make my dreams come true! (well 1/3rd there :SMLR) Yes I am eternally grateful to every single person who puts his/her trust in our products and helps us to achieve what we want to do: To Create a Secure and Trusted Internet for everyone to benefit from!

I know too well that you can’t sit on your ivory tower and tell people what technologies to use Kevin! That’s a recipe for disaster. As the person in charge of Providing Vision, not only do I enjoy, but thrive in interacting with our users so that they can help us shape our vision. After all, they are the ultimate beneficiaries of our products! And I believe every CEO should be doing this in one form or the other!!!

So, I am, again, eternally grateful that I have the ability to interact with the very people we want to protect and enable so that together we can create a safer world to live in.

Thank you

Melih

Edit: Wow… what a speech… he he… Sorry… my soap box was just next to me… couldn’t resist :slight_smile:

I know too well that you can't sit on your ivory tower and tell people what technologies to use Kevin! That's a recipe for disaster.

Took a long time to get it out of you, but this is the exact statement I wanted to receive from you. Bravo!

I am merely a kid who loved technology (having built my first electronic circuit at the age of 9),

You will excuse me on this, Melih, but I just can’t resist; in the above quote, you used both the present and past tense in one sentence. How is this possible? “I am (being present)…who loved (past tense)”…my goodness… (:LGH) I’ve taught you better than that, Melih. (:LGH)

Kevin

Yes oh master Kevin… sorry for the mistake :slight_smile: lol…

Melih